1. Conveniently charge your iPod or iPhone without the hassle and mess of cords.
  2. Frosted LED nightlight automatically illuminates in low light and can be manually switched off.
  3. Includes foam inserts to secure various iPod and iPhone models.
  4. Meets Energy Star performance standards.

Those are features of the SCOSCHE revive LITE (Part No. | IPHC) for the iPod/iPhone 2G/3G/3G(S). This charger slash nightlight resembles the original firewire charge bricks of Apple's past, but with a twist on technology for todays 3rd gen Apple items as well as all ipods and iphones from days past. Fully compatible to charge anything in the portable music line. So, who is SCOSCHE? They were founded in 1980, Scosche is still 100% family owned and operated with over 120 employees. From their website: Scosche Industries is an award-winning innovator of car audio installation hardware as well as portable electronics accessories. Scosche is founded on its’ commitment to quality, value and customer service. With over 70 patents and countless industry awards it is easy to see that Scosche is consistently at the forefront of technology and innovation. Scosche Industries is the parent company of several distinct brands such as Accumat, Blu3Fusion, EFX, and REALM.

As a former car audio store owner, I have worked with Scosche for over 15 years and they have always been at the forefront of design. You can then imagine that I was stoked to hear of their introduction to iPhone accessories as I know all to well that they can come up with some great products. This company always take a left field approach to their products design and does things nobody else does. That's why they were so beloved when we did car audio as they had uniqueness in their fit kits and other products most people were looking for.

The unit supports the weight of the iPhone and itself while plugged into the wall with no issues of it pulling out and falling on the floor. There is a sensor on the front of the unit that controls the light function on it and it is variable so if it only has a little light it only lights up a little bit, if it is pitch black, it lights up completely. This is a common trait of a photoresistor cell. The led is a small white SMD about 1500 MCD and fires through diffused glass to spread the light better. It puts out 5vdc @ 1 amp so standard charging current and voltage for any i-charger. I found the unit to be very handy on the go since you don't have to carry any cords! Just flip it open and flip it closed, that's it. Given the reputation of the company, the easy to use flip out cordless design, and the night light in a cool pure white glow, You can bet that this is the charger to have for a mess free, clean charge space with no wires and a nice white apple look. (Available in black as well)

More...