We're reviewing the SCOSCHE Kickback case (Part No. | IP3KGW) for the iPhone 3G(S) today and having some fun in the process. This case has a swing arm design that allows it to sit your phone up in the widescreen position to watch videos and movies. Packaged along with the case is a screen protector and microfiber cleaning cloth. The case comes in white or clear and both are two tone design. It's an odd blend of soft material and hard material combined with intelligent design that make this case unique. So, who is SCOSCHE? They were founded in 1980, Scosche is still 100% family owned and operated with over 120 employees. From their website: Scosche Industries is an award-winning innovator of car audio installation hardware as well as portable electronics accessories. Scosche is founded on it's commitment to quality, value and customer service. With over 70 patents and countless industry awards it is easy to see that Scosche is consistently at the forefront of technology and innovation. Scosche Industries is the parent company of several distinct brands such as Accumat, Blu3Fusion, EFX, and REALM.

As a former car audio store owner, I have worked with Scosche for over 15 years and they have always been at the forefront of design. You can then imagine that I was stoked to hear of their introduction to iPhone accessories as I know all to well that they can come up with some great products. This company always takes a left field approach to their products design and does things nobody else does. That's why they were so beloved when we did car audio as they had uniqueness in their fit kits and other products most people were looking for.

Let's talk about this awesome case. I was initially turned off by the fact it had the hinge on it because it sticks out just a tad and it not nice and flush like the close fitting wraps I am used to. I prefer a clear skin and nothing else to be as natural as possible on my phone. Since I have a white 3GS and this white case, I figured it couldn't be all that bad though so I slid it on and went to flipping out the hinge and testing the fit and buttons and whatever else I could play with on it. It took myself a die hard no case no way no how kinda guy about a day to warm up to using a case on my phone and boy let me tell you I can't stand to be without it now. I have EYETV so I am always streaming video to my iMac and iPhone and having to constantly prop my phone up just to have it slide and fall. After a day of using this case with the kickstand enabled I was hooked on it. That's without mentioning the dashing good looks of this case. The white matches the 3GS perfectly and the grey is a nice touch to spruce it up. The case seems good and sturdy and it bends enough to keep it from breaking on you so it's tough as well as eye catching. Fittment is spot on from every angle and this case really lays on the charm from every direction.

In closing, If you have a few bucks to blow and are looking for a case you will LOVE the SCOSCHE Kickback case. It's durable, stylish, and very useful. This is a 5 star case from a 5 star company. My 15 year relationship with SCOSCHE from car audio to the iPhone is still firmly in tact with this release as they have done a magnificent job transferring over to the Apple iPhone accessory market.

More...