Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems Recovering Iphone 5

Default Problems Recovering Iphone 5
    Hi there,

I bought an iphone 5 cheap off someone because they couldn't get it out of recovery mode (plug into itunes screen) after an update.

Now I've tried recovering it on my macbook with latest itunes but it stops when finalizing firmware, takes forever then finally comes up with an error of (52). I tried it on my dads windows but it comes up with an error or (-1)

I've tried using redsn0w to recover it, but when I go to put it into DFU mode, the application tells me that it's not compatible with the iphone 5 (strangely). And every time I got to extras>recovery mode to install the firmware I downloaded it tells me it's not compatible, and will not load it. Now I've heard I had to fetch the blobs, but when I go to do that, the Fetch Blobs icon is greyed out, and I can't select it! Please help!

Thanks

That phone has most likely a hardware problem, so there isn't much you can do, sorry.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,336 Times in 604 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mave87 View Post
    Hi there,

I bought an iphone 5 cheap off someone because they couldn't get it out of recovery mode (plug into itunes screen) after an update.

Now I've tried recovering it on my macbook with latest itunes but it stops when finalizing firmware, takes forever then finally comes up with an error of (52). I tried it on my dads windows but it comes up with an error or (-1)

I've tried using redsn0w to recover it, but when I go to put it into DFU mode, the application tells me that it's not compatible with the iphone 5 (strangely). And every time I got to extras>recovery mode to install the firmware I downloaded it tells me it's not compatible, and will not load it. Now I've heard I had to fetch the blobs, but when I go to do that, the Fetch Blobs icon is greyed out, and I can't select it! Please help!

Thanks
    I think you need to change the battery but I 'm not sure
    You Can't Reach What's In Front of You Until You Let Go of What's Behind
    Iphone 6 Plus 8.4

Yeah i was guessing hardware too. But rather try everything I can at the mo.