Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs get stuck on apple logo

Default 3gs get stuck on apple logo
    hello guys, i am trying to jailbreak my 3gs fw 4.2.1 with SN 85103 ( which i think a new bootloader), so i used redsn0w 0.9.6rc19 for UNTETHERED JAILBREAK but my phone get stuck on apple logo every time i restart and i have to boot using "just boot Tethered right now" my question is that this jailbreak should be UNTETHERED so why i have to keep boot using redsn0w? and how do i get UNTETHERED jailbreak?

Thanks.

If your phone is sim free, than upgrade to 6.1.6 and jailbreak it with p0sixspwn, untethered of course...

what do you mean by sim free?

Not locked to any provider, or unlocked with ultrasnow. In that case, if you upgrade IOS, you would have to bake custom IPSW for it, to preserve baseband.

Thanks bbrks, my phone is locked. can i use GreenPois0n to do untethered JB?

so can i just run Greenpois0n on my current redsn0w jailbreak?

no, you can't, google a bit for, how to restore to 4.2.1 and preserve baseband. Only after restore, you can run the jailbreak.
    BTW, check out in Cydia, what SHSH blobs you have saved, just maybe, there will be even better solution for you....