+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! Upgrading from 4.1 to 5.1.1

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hello People! Thank you for opening this page My problem is i am currently trying to upgrade from 4.1 to 5.1.1 i have tried several ways on the internet but
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy Help! Upgrading from 4.1 to 5.1.1
    Hello People!
    Thank you for opening this page
    My problem is i am currently trying to upgrade from 4.1 to 5.1.1 i have tried several ways on the internet but get error after error after error on iTunes.
    I have tried resetting "Hosts" File, made my own custom no_bb. I did upgrade to 6.1.3 and then re downgraded t0 4.1 which i have now but before i was using 5.1.1 and my partner updated by an accident..... Problem being the only shsh files tinyumbrella is showing is only 4.1 and 6.1.3.....

Is there anything i can do to update it without getting any errors and without the shsh blobs......
    I think before i some how used an ipad baseband to get it on 5.1.1.
    I just don't know what to try anymore i have been trying for a few days and wanted to wait before i now contact someone for advice.....

Please get back to me thanks.

Using version 4.1 8D117
    Modem firmware 6.15.00
    iphone 3gs

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Further to my problem i seemed to fixed this using snowbreeze, I then tried using everything like the internet and logged onto facebook..... Something then happened making my screen go white then green then white and so on it kept changing colours..... i Searched on the internet for advice and found that taking my battery out for 2 hours then replacing it back in worked and fixed the screen problem but now i am trying to re-install and update phone to the most recent update getting error -1 when the process is at the end.... i don't know what this means but the website i have that shows every single error out there isn't shown on this website so please can someone help me i can't even get my phone back to legit state.....List of iPhone / iTunes error messages And Solution on how to fix the error | Daily iPhone Blog <<< website with all errors can someone please help me i noticed no one has even bothered with my first comment.