Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: upgrading to 6.1.4, confused

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy upgrading to 6.1.4, confused
    Hello, I am wondering what if you jailbreaked using a firmware that's way different than your firmware right now, such as using a iOS 6 firmware to jailbreak a iOS 5.

I want to upgrade to iOS 6, and recently downgraded from iOS 7 to iOS 5.0.1 because that was the only saved blobs I had.

I used to have an iPhone 3G but corrupted it accidentally installing the wrong custom firmware into a different firmware, and wondered if that could happen to this phone to because I don't want to ruin another one.

I don't want to be on iOS 7, but on 6.1.4 where I can hacktivate and jailbreak the phone. I only have 5.0.1 blobs, and attempted to restore and upgrade to 6.1.4 but failed.

So my question is, What is the highest firmware I can install, other than iOS7?

thanks in advance :-)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrderp View Post
    Hello, I am wondering what if you jailbreaked using a firmware that's way different than your firmware right now, such as using a iOS 6 firmware to jailbreak a iOS 5.

I want to upgrade to iOS 6, and recently downgraded from iOS 7 to iOS 5.0.1 because that was the only saved blobs I had.

I used to have an iPhone 3G but corrupted it accidentally installing the wrong custom firmware into a different firmware, and wondered if that could happen to this phone to because I don't want to ruin another one.

I don't want to be on iOS 7, but on 6.1.4 where I can hacktivate and jailbreak the phone. I only have 5.0.1 blobs, and attempted to restore and upgrade to 6.1.4 but failed.

So my question is, What is the highest firmware I can install, other than iOS7?

thanks in advance :-)
    What model of iPhone do you have?

Anyway: no blobs, no going to that firmware. You're likely stuck with 5.0.1 if those are the only blobs you have.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    What model of iPhone do you have?

Anyway: no blobs, no going to that firmware. You're likely stuck with 5.0.1 if those are the only blobs you have.
    I have an iPhone 4 GSM. I also want to unlock it but I have bb 04.12.09, what should I do?
    Last edited by mrderp; 11-19-2013 at 05:20 PM.