Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading from iOS 4.1 to iOS 5.1.1 on 3GS using redsn0w

Default Upgrading from iOS 4.1 to iOS 5.1.1 on 3GS using redsn0w
    Windows XP
    redsn0w 0.9.15b3
    iOS 4.1
    Iphone 3GS

Ok, I'm a newb at this so explain in detail what I'm doing wrong. I downloaded redsn0w 0.9.15b3 and am trying to update my operating system from 4.1 to 5.1.1 In my cydia on my phone at the top, it says I have SHSH: 4.1, 5,0.1, 5.1, and 5.1.1 In redsn0w, when I click: extras, SHSH blobs, fetch it says it says there is nothing to do and it's a success. Then I click extras, SHSH blobs, query, it says: iPhone2,1 ############ remote blobs: 5.1.1, 5.1, 5.0.1, 4.1 So to me it looks like I'm ready to restore. So I click on extras, even more, restore. In that page the only option I have to click on is IPSW. The "remote" and "local" buttons are grey'd out, which is where I'm assuming I need to restore from. If I click on IPSW it takes me to my redsn0w folder but there are no ipsw files available to pick. What am I doing wrong? I seems I can't retrieve the SHSH blobs that are available on my phone to remotely restore my phone. Please help.

First you have to go to extras/select IPSW and point to 5.1.1 which you, I hope, have already downloaded to your PC.