+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Touch/Redsn0w Restore(ios 6) failing, need help

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hi, so im an avid jailbreaker and have been on the ios 5.1.1 bandwaggin for the longest time. When ios 6 first came out i updated from 5.1.1 and realized
    Thanks

Exclamation iPod Touch/Redsn0w Restore(ios 6) failing, need help
    Hi, so im an avid jailbreaker and have been on the ios 5.1.1 bandwaggin for the longest time. When ios 6 first came out i updated from 5.1.1 and realized it sucked. So i used the new Redsn0w feature to take blobs i had in cydia, and Restore back to ios 5.1.1, and jailbreak from there. Very recently i decided to go to ios 6, but 6.1.3 is on itunes now, so i figure id use my blobs and get to 6.1 or 6.1.2, anything besides 6.1.3. When i go to restore everything goes normally until it says "Waiting for device" during the restore process (At the beginning). All it does is just sit on the Apple logo, were it is spose to flash and now have a loading bar. I can restore to 5.1.1 easily, it works like a charm, but any version of ios 6 does not. Please help. I am using the newest itunes, and Redsn0w. iPod Touch 4th Gen. Cydia says all my blobs are supported from ios 5 through 6.1.3

Green Apple
    Thanks

Are you stitching blobs using Redsn0w? Because it was confirmed a while back that iOS 6 blobs stored on Cydia are corrupted. And those are the blobs that Redsn0w uses.
    If you have Local blobs, you can either stitch them with iFaith or Snowbreeze (I think). There's also the Tiny Umbrella TSS server, but no one ever recommends that for some reason. I guess cause it ruins the Windows hosts files.