Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help: redsn0w 0.9.15b3 - iPod4g stops at "Uploading first stage" - details inside

Default Help: redsn0w 0.9.15b3 - iPod4g stops at "Uploading first stage" - details inside
    redsn0w_win_0.9.15b3
    Windows 7 64bit
    iPod Touch 4th generation 8gb
    iOS 6.1.3
    iPod4,1_6.0.1_10A523_Restore.ipsw

Located and copied SQLite3.dll into the redsnow folder.
    Running redsn0w.exe in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 2).
    Running redsn0w.exe as an administrator.

I get to "Uploading first stage", but just at the end of the processbar, it stops, and I hear the "a USB device has been disconnected"-sound.

redsn0w neither crashes nor hangs, it simply sits there with the processbar full, but doing nothing.
    Nothing ever seems to get loaded on the device.
    I can quit redsn0w - exit from DFU mode on my iPod and try again - same result.

I've tried every USB port on the PC.

Any trouble-shooting suggestions?

This is the guide I was attempting to follow: NEW Jailbreak 6.1.3 Semi Untethered iOS iPhone 4,3GS & iPod Touch 4 - YouTube

Also tried unticking CPU 1 in Affinity settings for redsn0w.exe in Task Manager (CPU 0 was never ticked), and ticking CPU 2 instead.

Also tried running in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Servive Pack 3).

SOLVED

Apparantly I missed a tray prompt that Windows needed to install device drivers. Clicking the notice above the tray before it disappeared started this installation, and redsn0w continued on it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    SOLVED

Apparantly I missed a tray prompt that Windows needed to install device drivers. Clicking the notice above the tray before it disappeared started this installation, and redsn0w continued on it's own.
    What notice?

Default Redsnow as admin mode
    Did you try using redsn0w and running it as admin mode?