+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 5.0.1 upgrading to a newer version - currently unlocked and jb.

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
hello guys, my call icon has just disappeared. and cant get it back.. i tried everything but none of the tricks worked on the phone. sooo the only option is
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 5.0.1 upgrading to a newer version - currently unlocked and jb.
    hello guys,

my call icon has just disappeared. and cant get it back.. i tried everything but none of the tricks worked on the phone. sooo the only option is to upgrade the iOS to a newer one.

My phone is running on iOS 5.0.1. I have all the SHSH's saved a few months back... Last time i used redsn0w to upgrade it from 3.1.3 to 5.0.1...
    I want to keep it unlocked and jailbroken since I live overseas now.

Can anyone explain me how to upgrade it from 5.0.1 to whatever iOS you suggest...

Thank you so much!

below are the steps that i took during upgrading from 3.1.3 to 5.0.1. ARE THEY STILL VALID and APPLICABLE FOR OTHER UPGRADES?

Open Redsn0w, click on "extras", then click on "custom firmware" and point Redsn0w to a Stock 5.0.1 firmware, it will make the custom firmware for you.
    Next, go back to Redsn0w, click "extras", then click "SHSH", then click "stitch".
    Click the ipsw button and point to the custom firmware you made.
    Under "Blobs", click the 'Local" button and point it to your 5.0.1 SHSH (should be in "user/shsh")
    Then enter pwned DFU with redsn0w and restore to the custom stitched firmware it just made.
    Last edited by hatefools; 03-09-2013 at 05:11 AM.