Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP!! Ultrasn0w 1.2.8 doesn't work on iOS 6.1 iPhone 3GS

Default HELP!! Ultrasn0w 1.2.8 doesn't work on iOS 6.1 iPhone 3GS
    Hi everyone,

My iPhone 3GS kept turning on and off by itself so I had to restore it to iOS 6.1. I jailbroke it and installed Ultrasn0w fixer and Ultrasn0w but it didn't unlock my phone.

Then I found it that I was on BB 06.15.00 so I downgraded my firmware to iOS 4.1 and downgraded BB to 05.13.04. At that point ultrasn0w was working fine and unlocked my phone.

Then I restored my phone onto iOS 6.1 in redsn0w and jailbroke it. Once again I installed ultrasn0w fixer and ultrasn0w in Cydia but my iPhone is still not unlocked.

I disabled 3G and restarted my phone several times. I run out of ideas now.
    Can anyone please help me?

Quote Originally Posted by palevedem View Post
    Hi everyone,

My iPhone 3GS kept turning on and off by itself so I had to restore it to iOS 6.1. I jailbroke it and installed Ultrasn0w fixer and Ultrasn0w but it didn't unlock my phone.

Then I found it that I was on BB 06.15.00 so I downgraded my firmware to iOS 4.1 and downgraded BB to 05.13.04. At that point ultrasn0w was working fine and unlocked my phone.

Then I restored my phone onto iOS 6.1 in redsn0w and jailbroke it. Once again I installed ultrasn0w fixer and ultrasn0w in Cydia but my iPhone is still not unlocked.

I disabled 3G and restarted my phone several times. I run out of ideas now.
    Can anyone please help me?
    Hi, I have the same problem here. I've been doing unlocks ever since the 3.0.1 never had a problem like this. Wonder if it's the ultrasn0w fixer that isn't working properly....

Default Possible Solution !
    Try the following steps :

1. Install iPad baseband(6.15) using redsnow. Once done, the iPhone will reboot.
    2. Use redsnow again and use the option 'Downgrade from iPad baseband' (5.13.04)
    3. Now use Evasion to jailbreak the iPhone untethered or if already done using redsnow (tethered), simply search for 'Evasion untether' package in cydia and install it.
    4. Again, in cydia, search for 'Ultrasnow' (1.2.8) and install it. DO NOT install ultrasnow fixer, otherwise 'No Service' issue would still be there.
    5. Once done, carrier signals would appear ( if of course a working sim card is inserted)
    6. Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings (Just to make the unlock stable)
    7. The iPhone would then reboot and you would see 'Searching...' for like 3-4 mins. Be patient and the signals would appear.

Note : There is absolutely NO need to add the source 'repo.iparelhos.com' and install Ultrasnow fixer for ios 6.1 (and again just FYI, this is how i did it on a 3GS (new BR), can't be so sure if it would work for you.)

Good Luck!

Leave your comments and let me know if it works for you or if you could make it work some other way, mention that too