+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help.. reset back to factory after jailbreak

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Ive been having problems since october with my phone. It will not charge unless its plugged into the power source and then turned off. I managed to find a program
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default help.. reset back to factory after jailbreak
    Ive been having problems since october with my phone. It will not charge unless its plugged into the power source and then turned off. I managed to find a program to get all my pictures on my laptop so I am mentally prepared to lose the rest of my data. It also does not connect to my laptop as well. If i was to go to settings and reset all data how exactly does that work? Will I get stuck on a black screen and a completely useless phone? Any suggestions of what I should do?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you're prepared to lose all your data, I'd say a normal restore could fix your problem, unless you're trying to keep your phone on a baseband you want, then restoring with a custom IPSW with no BB would be your alternative

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can't restore as I can't connect it to my computer. It doesn't recognize it. Could I attempt to erase all content?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default You can try this fix that worked for me.

Plug your iPhone into your computer using the connector cable that came with the phone. ITunes launches. Select the iPhone under "Devices" in the left navigation panel of iTunes. Click the "Restore" button found in the main iTunes window under the "Summary" tab.

Read a brief warning and click "Restore."

During the restore process, you are asked whether you want to back up your iPhone. When iTunes backs up your iPhone, it only backs up non-jailbreak specific information such as your contacts and photos. If you want to keep all your data, agree to the back up.

The iPhone restarts and you are prompted to choose between restoring from backup or setting up the device as a new iPhone. Follow the onscreen prompts.

Disconnect the iPhone from the computer when the process is complete.

Go into your Photos app on the iPhone and select "Camera Roll." If there are any photos of Jailbreak apps, delete them so there is no evidence of jailbreaking.