Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 6.1 Tethered not installing Cydia

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default 6.1 Tethered not installing Cydia
    Hey All,

So I updated to 6.1, why I don't know. I pointed redsn0w to my 6.0 ipsw and jailbroke (installing Cydia). After that was done I powered back down and did a tethered boot, but afterwards no Cydia! I've tried multiple times to no avail, however I do see some articles out there that this tethered method should work fine with 6.1, so I'm not sure what the issue is. I was jailbroken before and just did an update instead of a restore, but I've done that in the past with no issue and I was really hoping to not do a restore. I am downloading the ipsw again just in case, but redsn0w doesn't give any errors, it appears that it all goes as normal, but I just don't have Cydia once done.

Thanks,
    Tim

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

I would just wait for the devs to release the untethered for 6.1 and go with that one.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

Justahbu (01-29-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Yeah, and rumors are that it will be soon. Still, I'd rather not wait if I can avoid it, not sure what's causing the issue. I was tethered on 6.0.1 with no issues.

Thanks

Not sure with that.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Just in case anyone else runs into this, I figured it out. After the jailbreak and tethered boot Cydia wasn't there. I installed iFunbox and downloaded the .deb for Cydia. I dropped the .deb in and then did a tethered reboot of the phone. After the reboot you'll need to respring, this can be done by changing the language. I changed it to Spanish and then changed it back afterwards. Cydia was installed and good to go after this!

Thanks

Thanks for the update.

where do i get the .deb download

Quote Originally Posted by linedpaper View Post
    Just in case anyone else runs into this, I figured it out. After the jailbreak and tethered boot Cydia wasn't there. I installed iFunbox and downloaded the .deb for Cydia. I dropped the .deb in and then did a tethered reboot of the phone. After the reboot you'll need to respring, this can be done by changing the language. I changed it to Spanish and then changed it back afterwards. Cydia was installed and good to go after this!