+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken iphone 3g : 4.2.1 Looping

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Ok, I followed all the steps on a website on how to jailbreak with R.S. -Successfully jailbroke it, popped in the Tmobile sim and everything worked! Here's the problem, it
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Jailbroken iphone 3g : 4.2.1 Looping
    Ok, I followed all the steps on a website on how to jailbreak with R.S.
    -Successfully jailbroke it, popped in the Tmobile sim and everything worked!

Here's the problem, it ran incredibly slow, 7 second lag just to type
    So I figured I should update the software from 4.2.1 to something higher and i might have better luck. (I think this is where I goofed) So I plugged it into iTunes to try and restore. (error : couldn't restore I think it was 1505 error) Anyway I researched and tried multiple fixes to no avail. The phone cannot boot, all it can do is turn on and await iTunes connection. I cannot get it into DFU mode, I believe its stuck in a restore cycle (and I did try to use R.S. to fix it but it said I wasn't in dfu mode ...go figure.)
    Anyway, please please someone better at this give me some help. I'll check back and edit my post if im missing any information. I also tried to use the same software file I downloaded to jailbreak with to restore it on iTunes still said it could not.

Thank you to anyway in advance that can help.

EDIT1:
    I tried to use tinyumbrella and I guess I don't understand it, I clicked exit recovery and the phone just restarts and goes back to the same screen.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

bump