+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help before i destroy this phone!!!!!!

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I have spent hours upon hours trying desp to jail break this effn phone and NOTHING has worked. I am working w/a iphone 4 running on 6.0.1. i have downloaded
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Please help before i destroy this phone!!!!!!
    I have spent hours upon hours trying desp to jail break this effn phone and NOTHING has worked. I am working w/a iphone 4 running on 6.0.1. i have downloaded redsnOw the new and the old versions.....NOTHING works. I have tried to follow other ppls suggestions, w/NO luck at all and im at my witts end!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've put my phone in DFU mode....i've selected "extras" and downloaded the iphone 3,1_6.0.1_1OA523....ill select it and i get a window that pops up saying, "Unsupported IPSW. I then downloaded another IPSW, still no luck. I don't know what else to do here. Please help me before I do very bad things to this phone!!!!!! Thank you

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wargasmtornado's Avatar
    Thanks

Have you grabbed the correct ipsw's (gsm for gsm phone,cdma for cdma phone)?
    ipod 4G,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    iphone 4,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    i really,really hate using Winterboard

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have downloaded the 3,1_6.0_10A403 and the 10A523.....and when I even get to the part where you click "extras" and your supposed to click on "select IPSW" I do that, I'll search for those IPWS i just listed, and BOOM.....I get that "unsupported IPSW bull ****

Am i supposed to downgrade to 6.0????? WTF

Update.....i was able to get the 10a523 to FINALLY be identified, but once i hit reboot, takes FOREVER!!!!!
    Last edited by twistedsi33; 01-18-2013 at 12:55 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Really????? Not one person can help????

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wargasmtornado's Avatar
    Thanks

I had same trouble when i went to 6.0.1,think i ended up using redsnow 9.14.b2 from memory,i couldnt get any of the '15 redsnows to jailbreak for some reason,but i could use the '15 to downgrade to 5.1.1.
    Id try restore it from new,then get the 9.14.b2/3 redsnow and try that.I went back to 5.1.1 as semi tether is too much a pain the bum for me :-/ hanging out till the untether comes put for 6x
    Last edited by Wargasmtornado; 01-18-2013 at 09:53 PM.
    ipod 4G,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    iphone 4,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    i really,really hate using Winterboard

Green Apple
    Thanks

Then that's what I'll do...... How were u able to downgrade back to 5.1.1???????

Thanks

You'll need your blobs/shsh's for 5.1.1.

Either saved to your pc/mac or on the Cydia servers.

I'm assuming your phone has been jailbroken before and on 5.1.1?

You can use either Tiny Umbrella or redsn0w to retrieve your saved blobs/shsh's off of the Cydia servers.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsi33 View Post
    I've put my phone in DFU mode....i've selected "extras" and downloaded the iphone 3,1_6.0.1_1OA523....ill select it and i get a window that pops up saying, "Unsupported IPSW. I then downloaded another IPSW, still no luck. I don't know what else to do here. Please help me before I do very bad things to this phone!!!!!! Thank you
    When you run redsn0w are you running as administrator and have you turned your anti virus off?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm not familiar with blobs/shshs.... I was jailbroken with my 5.1.1 using absenthe.....of course once I upgraded to 6.0.1 I lost cydia and everything else. U literally have to dumb it down for me as what exactly I need to do to get it back.....

And no, I wasn't running as adminstrator while running redsn0w. Never could find the option to do so. So im at my whites end with this ******** and just want my old 5.1.1 back......

Thanks

Here's a good place to start.

How to check and save iPhone SHSH iOS Blobs to Computer or to Cydia

For devices that are not yet jailbroken use the utility Firmware Umbrella on a Mac or Windows computer to make a local copy of your SHSH blobs.

First get your ECID. Mac OS X:

1. Back up your device. Download and run Firmware Umbrella.
    2. Put your iPhone/iPad into recovery mode. Connect the device to your computer with the USB cable and turn it off, then press and hold the sleep and home buttons until the iTunes icon appears.
    3. Navigate to Applications -> Utilities -> System Profiler.
    4. Choose Hardware -> USB -> Apple Mobile Device (Recovery Mode).
    5. Copy the 16 digit number following ECID.
    6. Skip to Firmware Umbrella instructions below.

First get your ECID. Windows:

1. Back up your device. Download and run Firmware Umbrella.
    2. Put your iPhone/iPad into recovery mode. Connect the device to your computer with the USB cable and turn it off, then press and hold the sleep and home buttons until the iTunes icon appears.
    3. Download and run the utility USBView.
    4. Navigate to Options -> Config Descriptors.
    5. Press F5. Look for Apple Mobile Device (Recovery Mode).
    6. Copy the 16 digit number following ECID.
    7. Skip to Firmware Umbrella instructions below.

Firmware Umbrella instructions:

1. Enter your iPhone/iPad ECID.
    2. Firmware Umbrella will save an SHSH file to its directory.
    3. Exit recovery mode on your device by unplugging and reconnecting the USB cable. The device will reboot to normal mode.

Keep this SHSH file backed up just incase you ever need to downgrade the iPhone firmware.
    Last edited by sand_man; 01-19-2013 at 09:48 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well according to umbrella. I havebtomfuckn purchase,it!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 14,775 Times in 6,871 Posts

Huh?

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Say that again lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

when i goto download the firmware umbrella, it WON"T let me w/out purchasing it!!!!!!!!!!! is there a distinct link here????? im getting soooo pissed off!!!!!

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,295 Times in 5,961 Posts

Maybe those without any PC knowledge or JB knowledge should not attempt such endeavors. I gotta be honest, there are numerous threads like this here and we just keep repeating the same instructions over and over. Do some research and learn some things before you start hacking around with things that you don't understand the very basics of. Don't get me wrong, I am all for helping people and seeing them learn something, but this information is all over the Internet via YouTube and forums such as this. Don't be afraid to do a google search to learn something. It just shows that you are lazy and want to be spoon fed. I know that it is so much easier to just come here and let others post solutions to your problem, but all the questions that you have asked are very easily found with answers if you were to spend 30 seconds looking for it.

Take some responsibility to research some answers. It will be much more fulfilling when you do.

Sorry to come off like an arse here but I see this day after day.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

when i goto download the firmware umbrella, it WON"T let me w/out purchasing it!!!!!!!!!!! is there a distinct link here????? im getting soooo pissed off!!!!!
    As far as I can see it's free. Yes, there is an option to make a donation but you don't seem in a charitable mood today so don't bother.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi i can see the problem you are facing as i had this problem with iphone 4 ios 6.0.1 so here we go :-)

If you want redsnow to accept ios 6.0.1 u need to tell it you are running ios 6.0 as 6.0.1 is just bug fixes.

So download ios 6.0 and select that in redsnow then continue to jailbreak. However i could not jailbreak my device this way for some reason so if this fails try using snowbreeze as this is what i used for my iphone 4 .

So if you download snowbreeze this will create the software for you then you must use itunes to install it.
    So shift before you click restore (assuming you are in windows) and select the firmware snowbreeze created and when itunes finnishes it will be jailbroken.

Just remember to back up all data before doing this and that it will be a tethered jailbreak so will require you to boot it using ibooty which will be in your desktop after creating the software hope this helps any questions ill be glad to help ;-)

Green Apple
    Thanks

First of all King o hill....i have already jail broken my previous phone....and had no issues....yes, im not as cpu intellingent as most, but I never had a problem before b/c i had WONDERFUL nice ppl to walk me through it instead of being a ****! Not everyone has worked on computers therefore, it takes some time to get the swing of things! Don't really care to for your opinion on whether or Not i should attempt it. As for the others, I greatly greatly appreciate your help, b/c your instructions are very helpful and I appreciate the patience you have shown me in this!!!!!! Im in the process of trying to download back to 5.1.1 and just go back to my orginial jail break, and thats where im struggling....and i have also youtubed the **** out of it, and i need it spoken in lamens terms!!! Some are better at giving instructions then others, and if your one of those that don't like to help, then by all means DO NOT REPSOND!!!!!!!

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,295 Times in 5,961 Posts

Yeah that's it, I don't like to help. Waaaa
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hope it works for you pal and well sed lol :-) if you need any help downgradeing i can help with that.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,775 Times in 6,871 Posts

Tiny umbrella is free, not sure where you are going where it says purchase.
    Here are direct links to help you out:
    Mac: http://cache.firmwareumbrella.com/do....01.01.app.zip
    Windows: http://cache.firmwareumbrella.com/do...la-6.01.01.exe

You need to figure out if you have 5.1.1 SHSH. Without them there is no going back to 5.1.1.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast