Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why cant I jaibreak my iPhone 4

formerly known as nigel.m
    Thanks

Hi there, I've taken the plunge into iOS 6.0.1 from 5.1.1, essentially as I had to. My iphone4 froze up with the only other option but to restore.

Firstly I have had a jailbroken iPhone since the very beginning so I'm not new to jail breaking but I now need help. I have followed all the steps using redsn0w latest version etc, but my phone will NOT jailbreak. I have tried at least eight times with all different combinations using different beta versions of Redsn0w and switching and swapping between iPhone3,1_6.0_10A403_Restore.ipsw and iPhone3,1_6.0.1_10A523_Restore.ipsw. The main message that appears is at the final tethered boot stage which is:

Missing Keys.plist data for this build
    Device - iPhone 4
    ECID - 2341127955918
    Build - iPhone1,1_6.0.1_10A523

Point to note: Between the jailbreak process, and the boot process, all the you tube videos and descriptions I have watched and read tell me, at that point there should be a Cydia logo on your phone (before the tethered boot), although it will crash immediately until you have done the tethered boot. Now, at this point there is definitely no Cydia logo. Maybe this is the problem. As I said now I need some help. Can anyone suggest where I have gone wrong.

Many Thanks,

Snige.

I should also note that after trying everything, my iPhone is behaving as an tethered jailbroken iphone, needing a tethered boot. i.e. Mail and Safari are not working ? So at this stage I am forced to restore to factory settings until someone can suggest a fix for me. Here's hoping. Snige.
    Last edited by Snige; 12-31-2012 at 03:06 PM.

Just for the record. You are on 6.0.1 and you used 6 for jailbreak, right??

Thanks

Correct, I used 6.0 to jailbreak with.

Than try this, it worked for me too. Just seen it here. Here is the copy:

1. Make absolutely sure you have the correct ipsw build for your phone.
    2. Use redsn0w 0.9.15b1 rather than redsn0w 0.9.15b3
    2. Put your phone into DFU mode 'BEFORE' opening RedsnOw "each and every time"
    3. Close Redsn0w after the jailbreak process has completed. i.e. Once your phone has restarted. Then put the phone back into DFU mode and then (and only then) re-open Redsn0w again.
    4. Select the ipsw build again before you hit "Just Boot" by going Extras, Select ipsw. Once build is recognized hit Just boot.

Ive tried to jailbreak my iPhone 4 all day yesterday with no luck. Tonight I finally had complete success. As I said all the answers are above, but I believe if you all follow the 5 points above. You too will be rejoicing.

He is saying only 0.9.15b1 but I easily did it with 15b3
    Last edited by bbrks; 01-01-2013 at 04:13 AM.

Thanks

Guess what dude. I wrote that. Found all the info in the corresponding post. Currently I am sporting a freshly restored and Jailbroken iphone running 6.0.1. Yeeeeah !!

And I also found for me the Just Boot needed to be done in b3
    Last edited by Snige; 01-01-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Hahahahaha, excellent

How do I find my IPSW? I have never done an update because it came with 6.0.1

Edit: I'm using Ipod touch 4g but I would think that it would be the same as iphone wouldn't it?

ImDaRAD,D/L SnowBreeze 2.9.7 after you ok the s/w from first screen it will give the option to find your IPSW or download the firmware and it seems to get it faster than most sites.For got to ad itunes has it hid,,win explorer tools, folder options, view,hidden file's and folders,check the box Show hidden files and folders,close out go to C:/ docs and settings/go to your name in user/application data/apple computer/itunes/iphone software update is where apple put's it,to get it just open itunes and have it d/l for you.might have to use restore but disconnect phone after it starts d/l
    Last edited by vtails; 01-13-2013 at 07:17 PM.

Default viral
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    Than try this, it worked for me too. Just seen it here. Here is the copy:

1. Make absolutely sure you have the correct ipsw build for your phone.
    2. Use redsn0w 0.9.15b1 rather than redsn0w 0.9.15b3
    2. Put your phone into DFU mode 'BEFORE' opening RedsnOw "each and every time"
    3. Close Redsn0w after the jailbreak process has completed. i.e. Once your phone has restarted. Then put the phone back into DFU mode and then (and only then) re-open Redsn0w again.
    4. Select the ipsw build again before you hit "Just Boot" by going Extras, Select ipsw. Once build is recognized hit Just boot.

Ive tried to jailbreak my iPhone 4 all day yesterday with no luck. Tonight I finally had complete success. As I said all the answers are above, but I believe if you all follow the 5 points above. You too will be rejoicing.

He is saying only 0.9.15b1 but I easily did it with 15b3
    hi i just bought the i phone 4 , i found out its firmware version using resn0w, iPhone3,1_6.0.1_10A523_Restore.ipsw, using the redsn0w 0.9.15b3 tried jail breaking but shows me it cannot open kernel.... shld i try using 3,2_6.0.10A403_restore.ipsw? please help, im jailbreaking without any sim card and my phone is also deactivated.....

First off all, you have to tell us what IOS you have on your phone. There are couple of ways of doing it, so????
    Last edited by bbrks; 05-24-2013 at 02:20 PM.

im on 6.1.3 and had it semi tethered..... went to just boot and the whole phone went to crap. cant email, safari, etc. cydia and winterboard are still there also... im so confused ugh.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Did ya try to boot it tethered and see what happens?

Thanks

Download the 6.0 ipsw for your device. Not any 6.1 or 6.0.1, download the 6.0 ONLY! Then go to redsn0w and click extras. Click select ipsw, select your ipsw from the files, and then click ok. Then click back button, then click extras again and boot tethered. This should fix the problem.

Default Basically i've done this and it worked for me

Download and install the latest version of iTunes onto your computer, following the instructions detailed on the Apple website. Connect the iPhone 4 to your computer using its USB cable, and click the "Sync" button in the lower right corner of the iTunes window. This will back up your iPhone 4 prior to jailbreaking as a safety precaution should you need to restore it.

Launch your iPhone 4's "Safari" web browser by tapping its icon on the home screen.

Go to the JailbreakMe website.

Tap the blue "Free" button in the upper right corner, and then tap it again when it turns green and its text changes to "Install." This will download and install the Cydia app store on your iPhone 4, and begin the jailbreaking process.

Launch Cydia by tapping its icon on the home screen once installation has completed. Tap the "Complete Upgrade" button, and Cydia will be updated to the latest version. The iPhone 4 will reboot to complete the jailbreaking procedure.