Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: verizon iphone 4 upgrade 4.2.8 to 5.1.1 question

Default verizon iphone 4 upgrade 4.2.8 to 5.1.1 question
    Hi all - what's the best method to upgrade? I have all the blobs saved. I am on 4.2.8 with Verizon iphone 4. I have a backup saved in itunes and everything is synced. Is the best method to do a restore inside itunes with 5.1.1 firmware and then run redsn0w to jailbreak it?

I have a bunch of photos on the camera roll, was wondering if those would be sync back to the camera roll afterwards. I do have a full backup of all photos saved already. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

I would go to 5.1.1 if ya have them blobs. Good firmware and its untethered

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    I would go to 5.1.1 if ya have them blobs. Good firmware and its untethered
    I was having great difficulty attempting to restore at night. Kept failing in itunes and almost broke the phone when it crapped out at the end of the firmware restoration process. I did something with redsn0w and it managed to boot up with a fresh 5.1.1 firmware, but right now the verizon signal is erratic, keeps going in and out with no consistent connection. WHen you do a restore, do you have to use a custom firmware (I stitched the SHSH to the 5.1.1 firmware)? I think having to be in the pwned DFU mode was also a requirement for it to work. Because I just did that and restored a custome 5.1.1 stitched firmware but returns error 1 again in itunes.
    Last edited by eli2k; 12-27-2012 at 12:47 PM.