+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 downgrade

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Browsed the boards for a bit but didn't see this so here I go. I had the unfortunate pleasure of busting my iPhone 4 and moving up to an iPhone
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default iPhone 5 downgrade
    Browsed the boards for a bit but didn't see this so here I go. I had the unfortunate pleasure of busting my iPhone 4 and moving up to an iPhone 5 which has me stuck on iOS 6 as it came installed out of the box. I HATE my idiotPhone and as an A5 jailbreak doesn't seem possible on iOS 6 I'm hoping to try to downgrade to 5.1.1.

My wife has an unjailbroken iPhone 4 which is on iOS 5.1.1 which is where I'm hoping to get the required shsh blobs from. I'm hoping I can rollback my iPhone 5 to iOS 5.1.1 with these blobs. Question is, is that possible?

If it is not possible, is there an alternative way? I'm moderately savvy and would be willing to try anything else simply to be able to apply the JB again and not be frustrated with my idiotPhone all day!

Thank you!

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,520 Times in 6,401 Posts

100% not possible!

Shsh blobs are device specific. You can't transfer them from one device to another. You also can't downgrade an iPhone 5 to iOS 5 either, as that version of firmware was never made to run on an iPhone 5.

Sorry, hope this helps.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Exactly what I was afraid of! *sigh* and the waiting game continues. Lol.

Thanks!