+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What happens if you reboot an tethered jailbroken device without a computer?

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I have an iPhone4 that is running iOS6. I want to jailbreak it, but I'm concerned about what happens if the phone needs to be rebooted and I'm away from
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default What happens if you reboot an tethered jailbroken device without a computer?
    I have an iPhone4 that is running iOS6. I want to jailbreak it, but I'm concerned about what happens if the phone needs to be rebooted and I'm away from my computer. Will it boot ok, but the jailbreak won't work until I boot with the redsn0w application? Or, will it not boot at all and be unusable without booting attached to a computer?

My primary focus is to get iMessage and Facetime working on T-Mobile. I have a factory unlocked phone, so I don't need the jailbreak for the unlock.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

Tethered will not boot back unless ya boot it with a computer. Now 5.0 had semi tethered that was nice. If something would happen like you said you can still use ya phone like phone and message.

Thanks

Correct me if I am wrong, but IOS 6 JB can be also semitethered.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

Not sure about that you may be right.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ok, that semi-tethered thing is something I remember reading a while back, but I didn't remember it before. I'll have to look around for the semi-tethered iOS6 jailbreak. It is pretty rare that I have to reboot my phone for any reason, so it shouldn't be a huge deal either way.

Thanks

Update to IOS 6.0.1, than use the latest redsnow to jealbreak it tethered. You have to use IOS 6, when you select IPSW for jealbreak. Than, there is a, I think Big Boss repo, where there is only one file, semitethered to finish the procedure. There is a tutorial on the net. Shouldn't be to hard to find it.