+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help for Updating to 5.1.1 with saved shsh not 6.0.1

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hi, I have an iPhone 3GS, (New bootrom, ios 4.1, jailbroken with redsnow and unlocked with ultrasnow, baseband version 06.15.00). I want to upgrade to 5.1.1 and not 6 as
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help for Updating to 5.1.1 with saved shsh not 6.0.1
    Hi, I have an iPhone 3GS, (New bootrom, ios 4.1, jailbroken with redsnow and unlocked with ultrasnow, baseband version 06.15.00).

I want to upgrade to 5.1.1 and not 6 as ios 6 has tethered jailbreak only. I have shsh blobs saved for 5.1.1, so I know that it is possible even though apple has stopped signing them but do I need to perform any additional tasks, like downgrading my baseband or anything else before updating? Is there any complications involved that I should look out for?

I am also a bit confused with the steps to follow in redsnow. Should I restore to stock 5.1.1 using the saved shsh blobs preserving my baseband or I need to create a custom ipsw and restore to it?

Additionally I could not find any specific guide for this purpose in the net, so if anybody can provide a link to a guide or mention the steps, it will be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance for any help provide.

Sajid.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,173 Times in 6,967 Posts

I would actually use ifaith in your case. Little bit easier than redsnow and you don't have to fuss with any baseband issues as ifaith will preserve your baseband that you have.
    Once at 5.1.1 you can then jailbreak with redsnow and install ultrasnow to unlock again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

sajidsbd (12-12-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply, I didnt really use ifaith before, but I will give it a try.