+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Thank You Mods!

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
My first post - I just wanted to say THANK YOU to Simon and other mods here. I struggled for the past two days trying to break a 3g on
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Thank You Mods!
    My first post -

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to Simon and other mods here.

I struggled for the past two days trying to break a 3g on 4.2.1 with no SIM. I managed to spend 7 hours and pull out some serious amounts of my hair, every time the phone would lock into a continuous reboot cycle (apple screen for 5 minutes then reboot for same thing).

I finally got it to jailbreak but it stayed on the emergency number screen since I had no SIM card.

I read about 500 articles all over the internet, watched countless videos (some from kids that sounded 10 years old) and did everything possible...all to no avail.

Then I saw this forum and Simon's post on how you must use an older version of Redsn0w, with a nice link to the file and everything. Everything then worked perfect and the phone loaded fine and I can use it as an ipod touch for my kids.

Thank you again Simon and all - this is a fantastic resource, especially for us first-timers.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to haggy1 For This Useful Post:

Simon (11-29-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 14,871 Times in 6,897 Posts

Glad we could help