+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS going into DFU on timeout

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I've got a jail broken iPhone 3GS. Little info on the device: iPhone 3GS Manufactured: 4th Week of 2011 iOS 6.0.1 Carrier Unlocked: Yes Baseband 5.16.07 Jail broken through latest
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3GS going into DFU on timeout
    I've got a jail broken iPhone 3GS. Little info on the device:
    iPhone 3GS
    Manufactured: 4th Week of 2011
    iOS 6.0.1
    Carrier Unlocked: Yes
    Baseband 5.16.07
    Jail broken through latest version of redsn0w by pointing redsn0w at iOS 6.0 ipsw

Basically the phone always goes into DFU mode after timing out, but it only does this when NOT connected to a power source. iTunes will no longer restore the firmware, but iTunes does recognize and sync with the device. Device runs fine in a jail broken state as long as it is connected to power as previously mentioned. Phone will boot tethered through redsn0w, however it goes through a white screen rather than a boot screen.
    This device has fallen victim to the WSOD which I've so far been able to get past by disconnecting the logic board for awhile and replacing it. Phone now seems to boot past the white screen just fine, whereas it used to get stuck on the white screen.
    What could be causing my phone to go into DFU after timing out while disconnected? Bad logic board? Bad battery? Corrputed ipsw? Any clues would be greatly helpful.
    Last edited by Trypno; 11-16-2012 at 11:54 PM.

EVO
    Thanks

Hey bud, I know it's been a while and no one has answered you, but I wanted to make sure everything is workin for you

We try our best to make sure all responses are replied so let us know

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I get that exact same problem with my 3GS, but i'm not exactly tech savvy I will not attempt to take the phone apart like you had, I'm going to leave it sit a few days and try again that seemed to work for me in the past