+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G Causing severe hair loss

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hi, Firstly apologies if this has already been answered a thousand times and annoys you regulars no end! I have however spent the last two evenings trying to sort this
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3G Causing severe hair loss
    Hi,

Firstly apologies if this has already been answered a thousand times and annoys you regulars no end! I have however spent the last two evenings trying to sort this out.

Basically I can't for the life of me unlock an old iPhone 3G I was given. I get the old 'USB communication problem' and have tried several of the solutions offered on websites, forums etc. but to no avail so here I am.

If anyone could shed some light or help sort this out for me then I'd be over the moon!!

The phone was Orange and of the UK if that makes a difference.

The phone is pretty much useless as all I can access is the 'Emergency Call' screen when I'd like to use it as a pay-as-you-go phone to take camping, to festivals etc and not have to worry too much about losing it or getting damaged.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Does this phone charge? Need to give us some more info. Could be ya USB on ya computer. Or the plug on the phone may be bad.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey!

I have managed to JB it thanks to a poster on here (he was actually replying to someone elses' problem!) who recommended trying a different version of Redsn0w and it worked.

Now I have a new problem... the wifi! Am I correct in thinking that JB an iPhone 3G plays havoc with the wifi? It barely can register a wifi signal or keep a stable connection when it does find one, making unlocking the phone an added pain in the arse!

Cheers.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,955 Times in 2,014 Posts

No that shouldn't be an issue. Have fixed two 3Gs via JB and baseband downgrade and no issues.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor