+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4(GSM) 6.0.1 won't jailbreak

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hi all, So here is the deal; What I did to jailbreak my iPhone 4: 1: Recovered my whole iPhone 4 to iOS 6.0.1 as new with iTunes 10.7 2:
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question iPhone 4(GSM) 6.0.1 won't jailbreak
    Hi all,

So here is the deal;
    What I did to jailbreak my iPhone 4:

1: Recovered my whole iPhone 4 to iOS 6.0.1 as new with iTunes 10.7
    2: Downloaded Redsn0w 0.9.15b3, ran it as administrator.
    3: Selected the iOS 6.0 -> Jailbreak -> DFU Mode -> made sure Cydia is selected, I see the icon that it is downloading files & then some command lines....
    4: After about 10 minutes the phone restarts, I shut the phone off
    5: Restarted Redsn0w as Admin, chose iOS 6.0 again -> JUST BOOT -> DFU MODE.
    6: I see the pineapple logo, after about 10 min. I see the Apple logo and then the phone boots.
    7: NO CYDIA?

In this whole process Redsn0W does not say: Exploit failed or "Missing p.keylist". Redsn0w just says: "Done!"

I also tried this whole process with RedSn0w 0.9.15b2
    I tried running it with compatibly mode XP SP3

Additional information: iPhone 4 (GSM), Model: MC605DN
    Windows 7 SP1, x64, logged in as administrator
    Using Microsoft Security Essentials as Anti-Virus, no pop-ups during this process.
    Cable is official, connected to USB 2.0, tried diffrent USB ports.

I think the phone is jailbroken but just won't boot tethered.
    How can I fix this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was having a similar problem and this is how I got it to work:
    First I downloaded the 'iPhone 3.1_6.0_10A403_Restore.ipsw' and 'redsn0w 0.9.15b1', yes the 0.9.15b1 version.
    Now the process:
    1. connect IPhone to computer and turn off.
    2. open redsn0w 0.9.15b1 and select EXTRAS/SELECT IPSW and pick iPhone3,1_6.0_10A403_Restore/BACK/JAILBREAK(make sure install Cydia is marked/DFU and wait for the process to complete, then the phone will reboot and show the unlock screen and such, open it and turn it off again., now in the redsn0w window which should still be open select Back and again in EXTRAS/SELECT IPSW and pick iPhone3,1_6.0_10A403/JUST BOOT/DFU and wait for the final pinaple and the reboot that follow,this process worked for me. Good Luck !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default im new here
    hello to all member im new here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone 4 GSM 6.0.1 Help me with any jailbreak
    my iphone 4 just installed 6.0.1 and i can't jailbreak with redsn0w 0.9.15b3 or sn0wbreeze latest. Redsn0w sn0wbreeze did not accept my ipsw 6.0.1 to jailbreak .i have shsh file of 5.1.1 but i can't downgrade as well. Help me with any jailbreak i mean any(semi, tethered, untethered).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kevinr1 View Post
    Hi all,

So here is the deal;

3: Selected the iOS 6.0 -> Jailbreak -> DFU Mode -> made sure Cydia is selected, I see the icon that it is downloading files & then some command lines....
    6: I see the pineapple logo, after about 10 min. I see the Apple logo and then the phone boots.

In this whole process Redsn0W does not say: Exploit failed or "Missing p.keylist". Redsn0w just says: "Done!"

Using Microsoft Security Essentials as Anti-Virus, no pop-ups during this process.

How can I fix this?
    I did thesamething several tmes, got the same result. We may have to wait for a new update from DevTeam, bcause redsn0w 0.9.15b or b3 oes not work

I did thesamething several tmes, got the same result. We may have to wait for a new update from DevTeam, bcause redsn0w 0.9.15b or b3 oes not work

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

redsn0w 0.9.15b1 works......

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yarzarm View Post
    my iphone 4 just installed 6.0.1 and i can't jailbreak with redsn0w 0.9.15b3 or sn0wbreeze latest. Redsn0w sn0wbreeze did not accept my ipsw 6.0.1 to jailbreak .i have shsh file of 5.1.1 but i can't downgrade as well. Help me with any jailbreak i mean any(semi, tethered, untethered).
    Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 definitely works, you must browse to IOS 6.0 not 6.0.1 as redsn0w is created for 6.0.

IOS 6.0.1 is close enough to IOS 6.0 so this redsn0w will jailbreak IOS 6.0 as well as 6.0.1.
    Last edited by iYeow; 11-15-2012 at 05:41 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No, that is not the case.
    Please read my first post. I did what you said several times and it did NOT work. Just read man!

The correct solution is to use the iPhone3,1_6.0_10A403_Restore.ipsw
    instead of the iPhone3,2_6.0_10A403_Restore.ipsw

Thanks

Ok, let me try now.
    I jailbreaked my I4 with Redsnow 15b3 without any problems, followed exactly the procedure described in the tutorial in the first post.
    However, after the initial jailbreak, before I did just boot, I closed Redsnow first, than put the phone into DFU, before I restarted Rednow. Opened Redsow again selected IOS 6, went back to just boot and that was it. Also, do not forget, Cydia icon doesn't show up immediately. It takes some 10 seconds. Hope this could help
    Last edited by bbrks; 11-16-2012 at 02:18 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I to have the same problem and I have more than one iphone 4 one iphone worked and the other it wont ? The one that wont goes through the whole process right down to the pineapple apple after the reboot but then NO cydia ??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by factoryphil View Post
    I to have the same problem and I have more than one iphone 4 one iphone worked and the other it wont ? The one that wont goes through the whole process right down to the pineapple apple after the reboot but then NO cydia ??
    I have been having the same problem too. None of the solutions anywhere on this forum work. I tried selecting the IPSW manually, and it just gets stuck at "waiting to reboot". And when I "just boot" tethered, the pineapple logo comes up and all, but no Cydia. Anyone get this to work?

What's Jailbreak? spoiled-iphone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kevinr1 View Post
    Hi all,

So here is the deal;

How can I fix this?
    1- try restoring ur phone
    2- install ios6.0.1 from itunes
    Then try to jailbreak again
    3- use snowbrerze 2.9.7
    After installing a fresh ios 6.0.1
    If u have blobs for ios 6.0.1 ofc

I yesterday JB my device on ios 6.0.1 & b3 of redsnow works just fine

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok... I finally got it to work. I was actually making several mistakes during the JB process which led to my failure, so I will share them with you. Make sure you dont make the same one's...

1.) I have a Verizon iPhone 4, which means I should have been using iPhone3,3_6.0_10A403_Restore.ipsw and instead I was trying to use the ATT one iPhone3,1_6.0_10A403_Restore.ipsw.
    2.) I got the "Missing keys.plist" error, but that was because I didnt go to "Extras" -> "Select IPSW" and select the firmware from step 1
    3.) This was my BIGGEST mistake... During the JB process, Rednsow says "Done" and instructs you that you now need to reboot tethered for your phone to work. Do NOT reboot at this point... You have to wait till the pineapple logo comes up with a loading bar and says things like "Moving Applications" and "Installing Bundles". I waited to do the "Just boot" option untill my phone had come all the way back to the main lock screen.
    4.) Lastly, if all else fails (Stuck at "waiting to reboot" mainly). I put my phone into DFU mode BEFORE opening redsnow each time. I know for a fact this worked during the "Just boot" option, so try closing redsnow, put phone into DFU mode, and THEN open and do the JB or the Just Boot.

formerly known as nigel.m
    Thanks

DONE IT !!! The answers for me were all in the posts above.

Points to note:

1. Make absolutely sure you have the correct ipsw build for your phone.
    2. Use redsn0w 0.9.15b1 rather than redsn0w 0.9.15b3
    2. Put your phone into DFU mode 'BEFORE' opening RedsnOw "each and every time"
    3. Close Redsn0w after the jailbreak process has completed. i.e. Once your phone has restarted. Then put the phone back into DFU mode and then (and only then) re-open Redsn0w again.
    4. Select the ipsw build again before you hit "Just Boot" by going Extras, Select ipsw. Once build is recognized hit Just boot.

Ive tried to jailbreak my iPhone 4 all day yesterday with no luck. Tonight I finally had complete success. As I said all the answers are above, but I believe if you all follow the 5 points above. You too will be rejoicing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Snige,

You are the man!! This worked for me after several tries the other way. Thank you very much.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

check your cable dude, and replace it a new one.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Been trying for 6 hours all sorts of possible ways, this worked for me.

Downloaded

iPhone3,2_6.0_10A403_Restore.ipsw from here

Apple iOS 6 Direct Download Links - iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S iPad 2, 3 AppleTV 2, 3 - Orlando Economy | Examiner.com

Did the same thing I have been doing for the last 6 hours, didn't follow steps 1-5

1. Used Redsn0w 15b1
    2. Loaded 6.0
    3. Jailbroke (didn't not see cydia)
    4. Boot with 6.0

redsn0w 15.b1 and iPhone3,2_6.0_10A403_Restore.ipsw did it for me.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidwiz For This Useful Post:

arosephotos (01-11-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidwiz View Post
    Been trying for 6 hours all sorts of possible ways, this worked for me.

Downloaded

iPhone3,2_6.0_10A403_Restore.ipsw from here

Apple iOS 6 Direct Download Links - iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S iPad 2, 3 AppleTV 2, 3 - Orlando Economy | Examiner.com

Did the same thing I have been doing for the last 6 hours, didn't follow steps 1-5

1. Used Redsn0w 15b1
    2. Loaded 6.0
    3. Jailbroke (didn't not see cydia)
    4. Boot with 6.0

redsn0w 15.b1 and iPhone3,2_6.0_10A403_Restore.ipsw did it for me.
    This got me the farthest so far, but how long did the 'downloading jailbreak data...' screen take? it's been nearly 10 mins already. Thanks!