Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G and Emergency call screen

Unhappy iPhone 3G and Emergency call screen
    Hi Everyone,

I tried to jailbreak my iphone 3G using Redsn0w utility and now I am stuck at this emergency call only screen. This is what happened:

First I put my phone in DFU mode then I ran Redsn0w utility which was done successfully. At this point phone went thru reboot and I saw a picture of running pineapple and I was quite happy and thought that it is done. Once it finish installing all the stuff then phone booted already but I was not able to find cydia app anywhere.

At this point, I am not sure why but I tried to restore using itunes and after restore this is what I got. Now it won't let me do anything else with it.

Can I still restore to its original state?

Is it bricked (I hope not)?

This phone does not have any SIM installed yet but I will get 1 if I can jailbreak and unlock this phone.

Any help on this will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Really????

No one had this issue on these forums.

Would I be able to restore my phone if i download restore.ipsw file from internet?

I wouldn't think ur phone is bricked but you would need the SIM card that the phone is locked too in it when you restored with iTunes!

I did not restore to any firmware yet but I was wondering if i can? I wanted to ask first so I don't mess up any further. I don't have the SIM card which was supposed to be with this phone. I purchased this phone online so it came without the card.

Oh, that one. I tried to restore using iTunes but that got me to this screen. iTunes was downloading something from Apple but could not restore properly.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,559 Times in 7,112 Posts

Download f0recast and plug in your phone. It can tell you what firmware you are on.

Here is what f0recast says:

Baseband: 05.15.04
    Model: MB635
    Jailbreakable: Yes
    Unlockable: No

nope. Can i still download from some site and then restore it?

Thanks

It sounds like you already restored. Being on emergency call screen is what happens after restoring. At that point you have to activate the phone with a SIM card from whoever the phone is locked to. Or you can use redsnow 0.9.6rc19 to activate it by installing Cydia.

If it is already restored then why do i have emergency call screen, and when I connected to redsn0w then it says WTF mode or USB communication error. I was using redsn0w version 0.9.15b3 which was supposed to be latest released app. Phone was locked to fido but i don't have fido SIM card. How do i install cydia when it gives me error when connected to redsn0w?

Thanks

I repeat:
    Being on emergency call screen is what happens after restoring.
    Redsnow 0.9.15 is too new, it does not support iPhone 3G. Please try and read what I am telling you.

Ok, I will download that version which you have specified. Do i jailbreak using that app or is there an option to install cydia without jailbreak? What about communication error or WTF mode?

Thanks

This should help: Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - How to Jailbreak Using redsn0w 0.9.6

You install cydia as part of the jailbreak. You cannot have cydia without being jailbroken.

I was going thru mac version of this guide and found out that i need firmware file. Which one do I need to download? the current firmware or old firmware (4.2.1)? I have already downloaded these 2 before:

iPhone1,2_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw
    iPhone1,2_4.1_8B117_Restore.ipsw

Can I use any of these firmware?

Thanks a lot Simon, now I have cydia on my phone and it seems to be in working state. Does it mean it is jailbroken now? Do I need to do anything else before I start playing around with it? Can I unlock it now to work with my SIM card?

Again thank so much with all your help.

Thanks

To unlock it you would have to use redsnow again and this time choose to install the ipad baseband. Then install ultrasnow from cydia after.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

music5_5 (11-03-2012)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast