Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G and Emergency call screen

Do I use same version of redsn0w or anyone of them will do? Do i need ipsw file again? I have just checked the general info about this phone and under carrier it shows "Not Available"? what does it mean? How about backup, do i use any specific utility to back it up in future?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,327 Times in 7,031 Posts

Yes, same redsnow and yes you will need the same ipsw you used the first time.
    iTunes can backup your phone.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

music5_5 (11-03-2012)

Where is the option to install ipad2 baseband in this version of redsn0w? I went all the way where it says to install cydia but I still don't see the option of iPad 2 baseband installation.

Thanks

Whoops sorry, it may have been taken out of that version. Try redsnow 0.9.6rc8 or redsnow 0.9.6rc17.

https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

music5_5 (11-03-2012)

Thanks again and yes it worked. Now I can make call with my own SIM card. It is bit sluggish but that may be because of iOS or with other apps. Right?

Should I upgrade/downgrade to different version if that will help to speed things up? Can I even upgrade this phone to newer version of iOS?

Thanks

No. You are on the latest firmware. You could go down to 3.1.3 and it be a little faster but not much. I would stay put if I were you. Especially since some apps will require 4.2.1 to install.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

music5_5 (11-03-2012)

So as you have suggested not to upgrade then I will stick to it and wait for something new.

Thanks again though for all your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    It sounds like you already restored. Being on emergency call screen is what happens after restoring. At that point you have to activate the phone with a SIM card from whoever the phone is locked to. Or you can use redsnow 0.9.6rc19 to activate it by installing Cydia.
    Oh you beautiful man you, Simon, you may have just sorted out my problem.

Couple of days I have been trying to sort out my woes and there's so much information that contradicts other information out there that I was starting to get very angry, but you may be the one nugget of truth out there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12