+ Reply
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [Nightmare] iPhone 4 iOS 6 to 5.11 downgrade (Using blobs)

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hello all, I recently tried out iOS 6 to see what it was like, but now I would really like to be able to downgrade to 5.1.1 (I upgraded from
...
  1. #1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default [Nightmare] iPhone 4 iOS 6 to 5.11 downgrade (Using blobs)
    Hello all,

    I recently tried out iOS 6 to see what it was like, but now I would really like to be able to downgrade to 5.1.1 (I upgraded from 5.0.1). I have shsh saved from all firmwares from 5.0.1 to 6, at least that's what Cydia tells me. I also have the blobs showing up on tinyumbrella, although they didn't decide to show up until after I upgraded to iOS 6, so yes it was a bit of a risk on my part, but I 100% have all the blobs from 5.0.1 to 6.

    I have followed 2 different methods to downgrade

    1) Using redsn0w and stitching the 5.1.1 blobs to the stock 5.1.1, entering pwned DFU and then shift-restoring in iTunes and selecting the stitched 5.1.1. This methods gives me error 1600

    2) Using Tinyumbrella and starting the TSS server then entering pwned DFU and shift-restoring in iTunes to stock 5.1.1, this gives me error 1600 too.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    EDIT : Re-trying with the stitched redsn0w method I seem to be stuck getting 3194 now instead. When doing step 1 but also running TSS server gives me error 1600.
    Last edited by JoeKenton; 10-30-2012 at 11:30 PM.

  2. #2
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Bump. Can anyone help?

  3. #3
    2k1
    2k1 is offline
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,057
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Did you edit ya host files with the 1600 error that would probably fix ya problem

  4. #4
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Did you edit ya host files with the 1600 error that would probably fix ya problem
    I backed up my modified hosts file and used a fresh one for the restore. Still got the 1600 error

  5. #5
    2k1
    2k1 is offline
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,057
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Custom firmware can't be restored on a device with DFU Mode. The software of the device isn't patched. Using a jailbreak tool, enter a pwned DFU Mode. During that process the software gets patched and the custom firmware should run without any problems.
    APTicket problems if you try to restore to iOS 5.x in the DFU Mode.
    If trully stuck (even with an regular iTunes Restore), edit the hosts file and comment out the "guzzoni.apple.com" line

  6. #6
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Custom firmware can't be restored on a device with DFU Mode. The software of the device isn't patched. Using a jailbreak tool, enter a pwned DFU Mode. During that process the software gets patched and the custom firmware should run without any problems.
    APTicket problems if you try to restore to iOS 5.x in the DFU Mode.
    If trully stuck (even with an regular iTunes Restore), edit the hosts file and comment out the "guzzoni.apple.com" line
    I have entered pwned dfu using redsn0w and iReb and both still give error 1600 when restoring. I have no "guzzoni.apple.com" line in my hosts file.

    EDIT: Will try using a virtual machine and see what happens

    FINALLY. I managed to downgrade by only using redsn0w! Why do people even bother using/suggesting iTunes to restore/downgrade when redsn0w does it faster and without any errors!

    If you want to go from 6.0 to 5.1.1 too: open redsnow > extras > even more > restore. Follow the steps from there.
    Last edited by JoeKenton; 11-01-2012 at 01:40 PM.

  7. #7
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeKenton View Post
    I have entered pwned dfu using redsn0w and iReb and both still give error 1600 when restoring. I have no "guzzoni.apple.com" line in my hosts file.

    EDIT: Will try using a virtual machine and see what happens

    FINALLY. I managed to downgrade by only using redsn0w! Why do people even bother using/suggesting iTunes to restore/downgrade when redsn0w does it faster and without any errors!

    If you want to go from 6.0 to 5.1.1 too: open redsnow > extras > even more > restore. Follow the steps from there.
    Hi, I've read your thread about downgrading iphone 4 iOS 6 to 5.1.1 . I also try to downgrade my iPhone but i have not any SHSH blob. can you send to me your SHSH collection (5.1.1) please send to my email [email protected]

    Thanks

  8. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life xboxbml's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    US-MI
    Posts
    1,277
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 64 Times in 61 Posts

    shsh blobs are device specific! Can't use someone else's..won't work..

  9. #9
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    You might try SnowBreeze next time to downgrade it seems to work for me without any errors in itunes

  10. #10
    Evil Genius bbrks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    985
    Thanks
    170
    Thanked 197 Times in 148 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeKenton View Post
    I have entered pwned dfu using redsn0w and iReb and both still give error 1600 when restoring. I have no "guzzoni.apple.com" line in my hosts file.

    EDIT: Will try using a virtual machine and see what happens

    FINALLY. I managed to downgrade by only using redsn0w! Why do people even bother using/suggesting iTunes to restore/downgrade when redsn0w does it faster and without any errors!

    If you want to go from 6.0 to 5.1.1 too: open redsnow > extras > even more > restore. Follow the steps from there.
    Nice to hear, I might just try to do the same thing. But I need to ask something before that. Did you connect your phone to iTunes after the restore with redsnow and if so is everything OK?

  11. #11
    iPhoneaholic Cid6.7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Hive Racoon City
    Posts
    420
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts

    Where is the "even more" button ??

    Im using the latest one & can not seem to find it..

    Peace

  12. #12
    Evil Genius bbrks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    985
    Thanks
    170
    Thanked 197 Times in 148 Posts

    Fisrt screen/extras/even more .....at the bottom ?????????????????????????????

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts