Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
redsn0wforums, a part of the
Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgradingsection;
Hello, I have a very serious problem, I'm completely helpless I hope someone can help me 1) iPhone Jailbroken with redsn0w, runs perfectly 2) When I connect to the PC(tried...
10-01-2012, 06:52 AM #1Jailbroken iOS 5.1.1 iPhone not recognized on iTunes
I have a very serious problem, I'm completely helpless I hope someone can help me
1) iPhone Jailbroken with redsn0w, runs perfectly
2) When I connect to the PC(tried 4 different PCs), iTunes shows me 0xE8000012 error, couldn't connect to the device.
>>iPhone gets detected by the computer normally(I can access photos from My Computer)
3) I tried reJailbreaking, didn't help, same error.
4) I tried restoring from the settings->general->erase all content and settings, then I found out that this function doesn't work for Jailbroken phones.
5) downloaded iOS 5.1.1 ipsw, used Tiny Umbrella to put the phone in recovery mode and used iTunes to restore. but I receive a 3194 error, iPhone could not be restored.
6) tried updating the iOS to iOS 6 from settings->general->software update, at some point it says "Software Update Failed An error occured downloading iOS 6"
7) downloaded iOS 6 ipsw and tried restoring from iTunes, I receive error 21, iPhone could not be restored.
I'm completely blocked from all directions, and I'm out of ideas.
how the hell can I restore my phone!?
thanks for the help,
10-01-2012, 06:53 AM #2
iPhone 4 or 4s?
10-01-2012, 06:58 AM #3
10-01-2012, 07:29 AM #4
Did you put it in dfu mode when ya were restoring? Seems like that's why ya having issues
10-01-2012, 09:14 AM #5
yes, only way I could get the iTunes to detect the device was by putting it in DFU mode. then iTunes would say that the device is in recovery mode and that I have to restore it.
10-11-2012, 07:50 PM #6
10-13-2012, 07:55 AM #7
Hi, I think if you are jailbroken, you need to put it into Pwned DFU mode and then shift restore with 5.1.1 ipsw after stitching your blobs to the ipsw first
10-13-2012, 08:06 AM #8
That's correct ^^^^
10-13-2012, 10:29 AM #9
ok now you just need to explain to me what does "stitching my blobs to the ipsw" mean
10-14-2012, 02:44 AM #10
10-14-2012, 05:14 AM #11
Thanks guys, this sounds promising, I'll give a try today.
one last question, I'm sorry for being this retarded but this has always confused me...
for iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1, which redsn0w jailbreaking tool should I get? in the tutorial that DC_Dave gave me, they use 0.9.9b1 but I read that 0.9.12b1 is for iOS 5.1.1...
10-14-2012, 06:03 AM #12
Hi, I would use 0.9.14b2
they have released a newer version out today, But not had a chance to look at it.
10-14-2012, 08:25 AM #13
ok no it didn't work, tinyumbrella isn't detecting the iPhone and therefore I can't save the SHSH blobs.
I'm completely helpless right now, I think of heading to our local store "iDigital"(we don't have apple stores in israel). I hope they can help me and won't reject saying "you jailbroke your phone, we don't deal with that"
10-14-2012, 08:40 AM #14
Hi, you can use Redsnow to pull any blobs you might have on the Cydia servers or select them if you have them saved on your PC
10-20-2012, 04:05 AM #15
how do I get the blobs from cydia server(5.1.1 blobs are automatically saved to the server by Cydia)? Query function in redsn0w only shows that they're available, but how do I save them on my PC?
10-20-2012, 05:45 AM #16
Hi, in Redsnow, when you Stitch your blobs to your ipsw you have a choice of using saved ones or getting them from Cydia. Or you can use TinyUmbrella to download them from Cydia.
10-20-2012, 06:57 AM #17
Here's my little tutorial from another thread... Hope it helps...
This is what I do on my 3GS... I think this works for a 4..
I'm assuming you do not unlock. You will lose your unlock if you do this exact method.
1. Download stock iOS 5.1.1 IPSW.
2. Download redsn0w 0.9.14b2
3. Run redsn0w as administrator in windows.
4. Click Extras button.
5. Click SHSH blobs button.
6. Click Query button to see what blobs Cydia has for device.
7. If Cydia has required blobs, Click Stitch button.
8. Click IPSW button-browse for downloaded 5.1.1 IPSW file.
9. Click Blobs-Cydia button to stitch remote Cydia stored blobs to IPSW.(or could do local if you have
10. Let Process and finish. It will take a few minutes.
11. Click Back button-Click Pwned DFU to put in pwned DFU mode-follow onscreen instructions.
12. Once in pwned DFU mode, close redsn0w, launch iTunes.
13. iTunes will see device in "recovery" mode. Click Check button.
14. Hold down Shift key, click Restore button. Browse to that stitched IPSW file
you created.Select it.
15.Wait for restore to finish as normal. JB as normal(or not)...Enjoy!
Last edited by xboxbml; 10-20-2012 at 07:00 AM.
10-20-2012, 07:36 PM #18
Oh! that's the part I didn't understand!
at 9. I thought I could only stitch with locally stored blobs... I was looking everywhere for how to download them from the server
thanks I'll give it a try!
10-20-2012, 08:24 PM #19
Cool! Let us know if it works...
10-21-2012, 07:43 AM #20
seems like it worked )
everything went fine until some point during the restoring process I received an error -1 and it didn't continue.
the iPhone kept showing the "Connect to iTunes" screen so I fixed it with redsn0w's "recovery fix" feature(tiny umbrella didn't help in that case). oddly enough, the phone went to the setup that runs when you use your iPhone for the first time. after the setup, it looks like iPhone was successfully restored to 5.1.1!
(I used the "Erase all contents and settings" again, just to make sure it's completely "clean" now)
now I'm updating to iOS6 and after that I'll try and connect to the PC, make sure it connects fine.
Thanks to everyone who participated in this thread I really appreciate it!