Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsn0w won’t recognize iPhone 3G in DFU

Default Redsn0w won’t recognize iPhone 3G in DFU
    I have 2, iPhone 3G phones that Redsn0w will not recognize in DFU mode.
    I can put them into DFU in earlier versions but the new ones, 0.9.014b1 and b2, will not recognize them. Doesn’t matter if I try to go into DFU from redsn0w or put them into DFU then launch redsn0w. It refuses to see them. Earlier versions see them in DFU but the ones I need for downgrading wont.
    Any thoughts?
    Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I'm curious why you're needing to use newer redsn0w version on an iPhone 3G. I imagine it doesn't work because the iPhone 3G only goes up to 4.2.1, so I'd imagine the support for iPhone 3G for the newer Redsn0w versions is unnecessary. That's just my guess. You wouldn't need a version of RS beyond the one designated for 4.2.1 for your iPhone 3G's.

For Downgrading the baseband.
    :-)

Thanks

Oh, that makes sense. I forgot about that...thought you meant downgrading the firmware via cFW. I guess it should work then. Try another computer?

Edit: It's mind boggling that older versions of RS work. Also try opening RS as Admin and see if that works.

Thank Annie,
    Your help is always appreciated.

Good call Annie. Different computer solved the issue. Both 3G phones successfully downgraded.
    Now all I have to do is figure out why my $3,500 custom build super high end computer just got pwned by my budget laptop. LOL
    Have a good night,
    Michael

what OS is installed on the high-end computer versus the low-end one that redsn0w v0.9.14b2 recognized?

Thanks

Yeah wouldn't we all like to know lol. I hate it when my 5 year old desktop PC (that I don't even want anymore) makes what I want happen but my $1300 MacBook Air won't do it right lol. It has happened once before...

The high end one has Windows 7 Home Premium.
    The laptop (not really junk, M11 Alien Ware I inherited from my sister when she didn't want it anymore) has Windows 7 Ultimate.
    Not sure why the laptop works but I'm glad it does.