Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: itunes won't recognize my iphone

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jafri50 View Post
    I've expunged that word from my comments. Still angry?
    I was never angry with you. I respect your point of view, I'm just trying to bring a point. Nobody likes being called a geek, I can't stand leaving my device unmodified. Apple limits us too much which is why sites like ModMyi exist.

I appreciate you modifying those posts, but I was never angry anyway.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Solution to the iTunes won't recognize your iPhone, you can try the below instructions.
    1.Verify that your computer has the minimum system requirements to connect with your iPhone. If you use a Mac, you will need Mac OS X 10.4.11 or higher, according to Apple. If you use a PC, you will need to run Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or later, or any edition of Windows Vista. If you do not meet the minimum system requirements, you will need to upgrade before you can access your iPhone in iTunes.
    2.Install the latest version of iTunes. Visit the iTunes page at apple.com and download the latest update. If you run an older version of iTunes, you may not have the ability to access your iPhone.
    3.Charge your iPhone. If your battery has little or no life remaining, you will need to recharge before iTunes can detect the device. Plug the iPhone into your computer using the iPhone USB cable and allow the device to sit idle while it charges.
    4.Restart your iPhone. If the problem lies within the iPhone software, you can sometimes fix the problem by rebooting the device. Press and hold the "Home" and "Sleep" buttons simultaneously until the device restarts. You will find these buttons on the front of your iPhone and at at the top of your iPhone, respectively.
    5.Remove iTunes from your computer and reinstall the software. If nothing else works, you may just have a defect in your iTunes software. You can remedy this problem by removing iTunes and downloading a new iTunes installer from the iTunes web page.
    Last edited by adolphhill5; 05-23-2013 at 08:32 PM.

Default How to fix itunes issue
    5 Simple Tricks to Get iTunes to Recognize an iOS Device
    1. Quit and relaunch iTunes
    2. Connect the iOS device to a different USB port on the computer
    3. Reboot the iPhone, iPad, or iPod
    4. Reboot the computer
    5. Use a different syncing cable (if possible)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12