+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 No Service after 5.0.1 JB

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hi all, I had an Iphone 4 that AT&T just unlocked for me. Unfortunately, the battery stopped charging and I returned it to Apple and got a replacement ($149). I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone 4 No Service after 5.0.1 JB
    Hi all,

I had an Iphone 4 that AT&T just unlocked for me. Unfortunately, the battery stopped charging and I returned it to Apple and got a replacement ($149). I asked if it was unlocked and they said I would have to do that with AT&T again.

Anyway, I got home and activated it. I popped in my T-Mobile sim and it worked! The phone came with 5.0.1. After the jailbreak I had "no service". I restored the phone, which bumped it up to 5.1 and still had the "no service". I put my old AT&T sim in and their name and bars appear. Any ideas how to fix this?

I also called AT&T and gave them the IMEI number. She said it wasn't eligible, so I explained the story and she put in the request anyway.

EVO
    Thanks

most likely when you jailbreak via redsn0w, you didnt hactivate

hactivation is used for people that dont have an Official AT&T sim card and requires activation...

first issue is you updating your phone to 5.1. Right now there is only a tethered jailbreak, so if you reboot the phone you need to plug it into the computer and re-jailbreak

along with that first issue, you can probably restore to 5.0.1, if the phone has any shsh blobs saved. To check if you have any, download tinyumbrella and click on "save shsh"

second issue, after you activated it, you didnt select the "deactivate" option in redsn0w which is most likely the result of the "No Service"

First thing you should do is check to see if any 5.0.1 blobs are saved to allow u to downgrade back to 5.0.1. Then use redsn0w to jailbreak and deselect "deactivate" in redsn0w. Since the phone is officially unlocked once jailbroken you can activate via itunes with the T-mobile sim card..

if no blobs are saved, use the "No service" excuse to get a replacement with 5.0.1 installed, then ask AT&T to unlock it , and use redsn0w but dont check "deactivate"