Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: From 4.1(JB) to 5.1(JB) : 3GS stuck in DFU mode

Question From 4.1(JB) to 5.1(JB) : 3GS stuck in DFU mode
    Hi there!

I have an AT&T Iphone 3GS that I am using under another carrier thanks to the 4.1 iOS JB.
    Since it is an old bootroom device I thought it would have been nice to upgrade it to 5.1 untethered JB preserving my Ipad BB (06.15.00).

I have followed the following guide but now all I got is an Iphone stuck in DFU mode.

I believe I have made a few mistakes during the process.

I have downloaded the latest official Apple stock IPSW iOS 5 for my device, then I downloaded redsn0w 0.9.10b6b and I launched it NOT AS AN ADMINISTRATOR (first mistake?), then it created the custom IPSW and I entered the Pwned DFU Mode. By now I had a little problem putting the device in DFU mode, I got some kind of error regarding the DFU process (I probably had not done the process correctly) but the screen got black just like DFU mode so I ignored the message and went on.
    I launched Itunes and pressed shift and went on to restore the device with the custom IPSW. Itunes processed the upgrade, I got the Apple logo with the loading bar, Itunes finished the upgrading process and when it should have rebooted the device, the Iphone screen just went black and Itunes recognized a device in recovery mode.

I tried it again and again but nothing works, all seems to go well but then the device is stuck in DFU mode. Now I even got a couple of Itunes errors.

What have I done wrong? How can I recover my phone? I had Cydia with SHSH blobs saved for 4.1, 4.3, 5.0.1 and 5.1.

Please help me!

Thank you! ps. sorry if I made a few mistakes but English is not my native language!

bootroom? bootrom? baseband? whatever ... as far as i know, there is no untethered jb for ios 5.1. that may be your problem, unless i misunderstand that bootrom thing. go back to 5.0.1. problem solved and another happy customer

Quote Originally Posted by hank197857 View Post
    bootroom? bootrom? baseband? whatever ... as far as i know, there is no untethered jb for ios 5.1. that may be your problem, unless i misunderstand that bootrom thing. go back to 5.0.1. problem solved and another happy customer
    not correct sir, as long as iphone 3gs contains old bootrom exploit (a hardware vulnerability that cannot be patched by Apple), it can go untethered on 5.1