Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Untethered iPhone 4 4.3.4 Jailbreak?

Default Untethered iPhone 4 4.3.4 Jailbreak?
    Hi guys,

I am going to be unlocking my iPhone for T-Mobile with my Gevey Ultra sim.

Currently my iPhone is on 4.10.01 with 4.3.4

Now to unlock, I first have to jailbreak. I would really prefer an untethered so I don't have to reboot every time.

I am not sure if the most recent version of redsn0w will include what I want so I just wanted to double check.

I did however jailbreak my phone on 10b6 yesterday, and its tethered. So I also need to know how to get rid of the tethered jailbreak.

So if there is a untethered 4.3.4 jailbreak for redsn0w can someone please direct me to a link?

Thanks guys

Matt

Also, I bought the Gevey Ultra. Will I be able to unlock if I am on 4.3.4 or am I going to have to preserve my firmware and upgrade to 5.0.1?

EDIT: Actually I just figured out that above part. Maybe all of it.

So I will redirect my questioning, should I go up to 5.0.1 or down to 4.3.3?

I can't do the unlock untethered on 4.3.4 unfortunately.
    Last edited by diceksox1809; 04-07-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I don't believe they ever released an untethered jb for 4.3.4. You'd have to check for SHSHs for 5.0.1. If you never saved SHSHs for 5.0.1, you'd be forced to upgrade to 5.1 which you cannot jailbreak if it is a 4S. If it is a 4, it will still be tethered. So without SHSHs, you'll have a tethered jb either way. You can't go down to 4.3.3 without SHSHs either, so if you've never saved SHSHs before you probably don't have any. Doesn't hurt to check though. Use TinyUmbrella.

Quote Originally Posted by diceksox1809 View Post
    Hi guys,

I am going to be unlocking my iPhone for T-Mobile with my Gevey Ultra sim.

Currently my iPhone is on 4.10.01 with 4.3.4

Now to unlock, I first have to jailbreak. I would really prefer an untethered so I don't have to reboot every time.

I am not sure if the most recent version of redsn0w will include what I want so I just wanted to double check.

I did however jailbreak my phone on 10b6 yesterday, and its tethered. So I also need to know how to get rid of the tethered jailbreak.

So if there is a untethered 4.3.4 jailbreak for redsn0w can someone please direct me to a link?

Thanks guys

Matt

Also, I bought the Gevey Ultra. Will I be able to unlock if I am on 4.3.4 or am I going to have to preserve my firmware and upgrade to 5.0.1?

EDIT: Actually I just figured out that above part. Maybe all of it.

So I will redirect my questioning, should I go up to 5.0.1 or down to 4.3.3?

I can't do the unlock untethered on 4.3.4 unfortunately.
    Annie is right, there is no untethered 4.3.4 jailbreak

If you use gevey, then you can unlock on 4.3.4 as long as you preserve the baseband by creating a custom firmware..

But that is null and void if you didnt save SHSH blobs for 4.3.4

you can also go to 5.0.1 and unlock via custom firmware, but once again all depends on your shsh blobs