+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 iOS 5.1 is constantly respringing

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I have an iPhone 4 iOS 5.1 with the semitethered jailbreak. The battery died on the phone and now it keeps constantly respringing. I tried to plug it in to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 iOS 5.1 is constantly respringing
    I have an iPhone 4 iOS 5.1 with the semitethered jailbreak. The battery died on the phone and now it keeps constantly respringing. I tried to plug it in to the computer and boot with redsn0w, but I cannot enter DFU mode. When the phone is done respringing it stays on for around 5 seconds. It is not long enough to turn the phone. My phone is basically bricked. I would like some help or suggestions to fix it. I can't restore it in iTunes because iTunes does not recognize it for some reason. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thomashaydn View Post
    I have an iPhone 4 iOS 5.1 with the semitethered jailbreak. The battery died on the phone and now it keeps constantly respringing. I tried to plug it in to the computer and boot with redsn0w, but I cannot enter DFU mode. When the phone is done respringing it stays on for around 5 seconds. It is not long enough to turn the phone. My phone is basically bricked. I would like some help or suggestions to fix it. I can't restore it in iTunes because iTunes does not recognize it for some reason. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    The symptom you are describing is a nearly empty battery. Do nor use your computer like a charger because cannot supply the current that the phone require, instead use the one comes with the phone or if you have a ipad charger the better. Let full charge the battery and try again.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thomashaydn View Post
    this is a hardware issue, not software, take it to apple for warranty

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It happens to me as well. I have to hold down the power button and home button forever to enter dfu mode but I have been able to reboot and its fine.