+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs stuck on apple logo / dfu mode

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
So apparently ive tried to JB my friend's 3gs on 5.1 using redsnow. My mistake, i didn't thoroughly read the instructions that it was a tethered JB. When redsnow was
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3gs stuck on apple logo / dfu mode
    So apparently ive tried to JB my friend's 3gs on 5.1 using redsnow. My mistake, i didn't thoroughly read the instructions that it was a tethered JB. When redsnow was almost done, my redsnow crashed, and now I'm unable to boot the phone. I can turn it on, but it gets stuck on the Apple logo. When i try to go into DFU mode and open with itunes, i get the "update server could not be contacted" error....not recognizing the iphone anymore.

I've tried searching on google and attempted to change up the host files, but i still get the error. Not sure what my options are at this point, any help would be appreciated.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Thanks

Stick the phone into pwned DFU? Can be done through the latest redsn0w under extras.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ill give that a try when i get home from work and will report back. Thanks!

Thanks

No worries.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

one more questions (ok maybe not one more ) but, is 5.0.1 the latest firmware that is untethered? I did not save any blogs/blobs for that matter (no idea how they work but i JB another 3gs with the older serial/old bootrom without saving anything).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fonzer View Post
    one more questions (ok maybe not one more ) but, is 5.0.1 the latest firmware that is untethered? I did not save any blogs/blobs for that matter (no idea how they work but i JB another 3gs with the older serial/old bootrom without saving anything).
    Depends on if it's an old or new bootrom... If it's old then no, you can use 5.1, if it's new bootrom, then yes it is...

Which then brings the question, if it is a new bootrom, had it been on 5.0.1 before?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the pwned dfu doesnt work for me. for some reason the phone is unable to turn off nor into dfu mode while plugged in via USB. Everytime when I think the phone enters DFU mode, the Apple logo reappears again right after. So either it's stuck on the Apple logo, or recovery mode (connect to itunes picture) while being plugged in via USB.

Unsure of the bootrom, should of checked it prior performing the JB but didnt, but it was on 4.1, then I upgraded to the CFW 5.1.

Thanks

Unplug the phone, press & hold the power & home button for about 15secs (you should see the phone say about switching off... Keep them held... Then it'll go off..... Keep them held..... Then you'll see the apple logo... Keep it held... Then the screen will flick... At this point you can let go).

Then plug it back into the USB & use redsn0w or sn0wbreeze to pwnDFU it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

susty,

ok finally got it...i just had to go to "just boot" and surprisingly it worked. I know I tried it before but it just hung..maybe I wasn't in DFU mode. Anyway now, I'm on 5.1 and unable to downgrade (3194). I tried "#74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com" in the host file and that didn't work. So, I d/l Tinyumbrella, but the servers do not connect. I did save some blobs, but only 4.1 & 4.2.1 are in file directory. Any advice?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fonzer View Post
    susty,

ok finally got it...i just had to go to "just boot" and surprisingly it worked. I know I tried it before but it just hung..maybe I wasn't in DFU mode. Anyway now, I'm on 5.1 and unable to downgrade (3194). I tried "#74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com" in the host file and that didn't work. So, I d/l Tinyumbrella, but the servers do not connect. I did save some blobs, but only 4.1 & 4.2.1 are in file directory. Any advice?
    Create a custom Ipsw preserving baseband for 4.1 & use that to restore to in pwned DFU mode... No need to point to other servers because Apple still sign 4.1 for this.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Susty For This Useful Post:

fonzer (03-30-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

susty,
    so i tried creating a custom ipsw preserving bb 4.1 (i d/l the 4.1 firmware from iclarif) and then went to create, but it only allows firmwares 4.3.3 and 5.0+. So then i tried restoring through itunes, i think i got like error 20, now im stuck in recovery mode. I tried to use the recovery mode in redsnow, but it keeps pushing my phone quickly into the "connect to itunes" screen.

ok got out of recovery mode, tried pwned dfu, but itunes is giving me an error (server could not be contacted)
    Last edited by fonzer; 03-30-2012 at 01:08 PM.