Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: mini cydia screen after upgrading to ios5.0.1

Default mini cydia screen after upgrading to ios5.0.1
    After upgrading to ios 5.0.1 and jailbreaking with redsn0w 9.10.b1 everything worked fine until I restored my apps

Now when I run cydia I get a mini screen in the upper left corner and it is not responsive to finger presses

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

No idea what causes this issue, but if you put your device into safe mode and run the problem app & respring again it will be back to normal.

I find I have to do this on every reboot. :-(

I've got this too, only its with every app. Worked fine yesterday and today then started doing this tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by J79 View Post
    I've got this too, only its with every app. Worked fine yesterday and today then started doing this tonight.
    Have you tried my suggestion above your post?

Also have you got browser changer installed. I installed about 10 things at once and think it might have been browser changer that caused the problem. Not 100% sure though.

I didn't try it, because it was every singe app and I couldn't be bothered doing that for every app on my phone. So I just restored.

I never had browser changer either.

Strange glitch, doesn't seem to happen to many though, which is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by J79 View Post
    I didn't try it, because it was every singe app and I couldn't be bothered doing that for every app on my phone. So I just restored.

I never had browser changer either.

Strange glitch, doesn't seem to happen to many though, which is a good thing.
    You don't have to do it for every single app. Just one of them. Then they all go back to normal. ^_^

Default Same here
    It happens randomly in any app for me. Why do you think this "doesn't happen to many"? The jailbreak (untethered) for 5.0.1 was just released several days ago. The only similarity I saw in this thread with my own device was installing quite a few apps at a time. I started from a fresh restore of 5.0.1. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated as it is happening more times than not recently.
    Thank you

I've not had the issue since there was an update to browser changer.

Its nothing to do with the untethered jailbreak as I had this issue when I was on a tethered jailbreak too.

Quote Originally Posted by jmatix View Post
    It happens randomly in any app for me. Why do you think this "doesn't happen to many"? The jailbreak (untethered) for 5.0.1 was just released several days ago. The only similarity I saw in this thread with my own device was installing quite a few apps at a time. I started from a fresh restore of 5.0.1. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated as it is happening more times than not recently.
    Thank you

The jailbreak was released a few days ago but thousands of people have downloaded it since, if it was a common issue there'd be more than one thread with a few posters here complaining about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Game2Freak View Post
    I've not had the issue since there was an update to browser changer.

Its nothing to do with the untethered jailbreak as I had this issue when I was on a tethered jailbreak too.
    I can't comment on the teathered JB as I stayed on iOS4 till the unteather was released for iOS5.

But I've not used browswer changer so it cn't be that causing the issue on my phone.
    Last edited by J79; 01-03-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

The 1/4 screen issue happens when you install something that isn't compatible with iOS 5. Do you guys remember what you installed? If you have SBSettings, you might be able to get into Safe Mode and uninstall the incompatible package with Cydia.

If you can't access the device, you can try deleting the tweak from /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/ over USB using a SFTP client (if you installed OpenSSH) or an application like iExplorer.

Quote Originally Posted by brittag View Post
    The 1/4 screen issue happens when you install something that isn't compatible with iOS 5. Do you guys remember what you installed? If you have SBSettings, you might be able to get into Safe Mode and uninstall the incompatible package with Cydia.

If you can't access the device, you can try deleting the tweak from /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/ over USB using a SFTP client (if you installed OpenSSH) or an application like iExplorer.
    Thanks.

When I first got the error I had nothing installed from cydia, just cydia itself. I updated, jailbroke, then let my phone sync with itunes to get all the apps back on.

I opened yak messenger to send a message and got the mini screen. Tried another app, same thing, etc etc.

If it's caused from some app stre apps not being compatible with cydia how do we figure out what ones? If it's a cydia app, how come it happened before I installed anything from cydia?

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

I don't know, that's interesting! Is the problem still happening, or did you restore and get rid of it? Let me know if you jailbreak again and see the problem again, so that we can try to interactively figure out what the problem is... maybe by sending a syslog to saurik.

Quote Originally Posted by brittag View Post
    I don't know, that's interesting! Is the problem still happening, or did you restore and get rid of it? Let me know if you jailbreak again and see the problem again, so that we can try to interactively figure out what the problem is... maybe by sending a syslog to saurik.
    I usually update to the latest iOS when the unteathered jailbreak is released.

I update with itunes, then I jailbreak, then I sync all my itunes stuff back over. Then I start downloading stuff from cydia.

First time the mini screen happened I restored thinking it was a bug. Second time the phone was jailbroken but I had no cydia apps installed at that point.

It happens about once a day now, I do as above, put it in safe mode, launch the app then respring.

This is the same method I used except I haven't restored. I believe it has something to do with winterboard (just an uneducated guess). It happens after every reboot now. Then I go into safe mode and respring. Then I'm usually ok until next reboot.

This happened to me after I installed a theme that was not compatible with 5.0.1 I guess,I restored and did a fresh jailbreak and no problems ever since! I think some of your restored older apps might have caused this, not sure! Need confirmation on older tweaks and themes that are not compatible with 5.0.1

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this?

I upgraded to a 4s from the 4. I had this error on the 4. I have the 4s set up exactly the same, same tweats, same theme etc. And no mini screens.