+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iBooks Doesn't work after 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Any more updates from anyone? I have tried all recommended fixes and none are working, even tried fresh restore without adding my info? Thanks
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Any more updates from anyone? I have tried all recommended fixes and none are working, even tried fresh restore without adding my info?

Thanks

Thanks

I have tried everything also and nothing is working.

Thanks

i think the iBooks is a phone by phone thing, mine dosent work and my wife's does. crazy i know but i did not do anything diffrent

Green Apple
    Thanks

Has anyone with a working iBooks 2.0.1 (I used the iBooksFix2 package in Cydia from InsanelyI on mine) risked downloading the new iBooks 2.1 yet???

iPhone? More like MyPhone djarkiz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RiotNrrrd View Post
    Has anyone with a working iBooks 2.0.1 (I used the iBooksFix2 package in Cydia from InsanelyI on mine) risked downloading the new iBooks 2.1 yet???
    Hey dude are u asking if anyone is running iBooks 2 on jailbroken 5.0.1? If so I am, I updated iBooks and no issues whatsoever, I used redsnow 09.10b5 to jailbreak my iPhone 4(GSM)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djarkiz View Post
    Hey dude are u asking if anyone is running iBooks 2 on jailbroken 5.0.1? If so I am, I updated iBooks and no issues whatsoever, I used redsnow 09.10b5 to jailbreak my iPhone 4(GSM)
    No, I'm asking if anyone is running the just-released iBooks 2.1 on a jailbroken 5.0.1

Thanks

No, I'm asking if anyone is running the just-released iBooks 2.1 on a jailbroken 5.0.1
    I'm running 2.1 iBooks on iPhone 4 running 5.0.1, I've updated to newest version and works fine, I didn't install iBooksfix from Cydia tho, maybe get rid of it and it'll work

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm running 2.1 iBooks on iPhone 4 running 5.0.1, I've updated to newest version and works fine, I didn't install iBooksfix from Cydia tho, maybe get rid of it and it'll work
    Good to know, thanks.

I needed iBooksFix2 from Cydia in order to get 2.0.1 to work on my PwnageTool 5.0.1 JB so "maybe get rid of it and it'll work" probably doesn't apply here.

I may risk it and take the plunge given that you have it working, though obviously in your case I think something redsn0w 0.910b5 applied is what makes iBooks 2.1 work for you without needing any additional 'fix'.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I installed iBooks 2.1 on jb 501 with corona updates. It seems to work fine, tho I haven't tried purchases.

I'm pretty sure you need to get rid of the iBooksfix, tho, and install a proper app store copy. I posted something on my blog about this:

Fixing the iBooks Fix and iTunes 10.5.3 Box of Clams

Thanks

Good to know, thanks.

I needed iBooksFix2 from Cydia in order to get 2.0.1 to work on my PwnageTool 5.0.1 JB so "maybe get rid of it and it'll work" probably doesn't apply here.

I may risk it and take the plunge given that you have it working, though obviously in your case I think something redsn0w 0.910b5 applied is what makes iBooks 2.1 work for you without needing any additional 'fix'.
    Ya the redsnow 09.10b5 had corona patches to fix iBooks, I recommend jailbreaking w redsnow or absinthe

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ya the redsnow 09.10b5 had corona patches to fix iBooks, I recommend jailbreaking w redsnow or absinthe
    You don't need to do that (unless maybe you're on an iPhone 4S in which case I am not sure – I'm on a 4). I jailbroke with PwnageTool and applied the latest Corona patches right over it. I did some checking first to make sure that was ok, and it was, and it fixed the app store version of iBooks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

@metaclam I'm on an iPhone 4 with 01.59.00 BB so I have to use PwnageTool to preserve it. Good to hear you can apply Corona over it. Now my problem is that iBooksFix2 already changed iBooks 2.0.1 into a "native" app (no "(x)" when you press on the icon and hold) so I'm wondering how I can un-do that and get it back to a 'regular' App Store app

Green Apple
    Thanks

Update:

I uninstalled iBooksFix2, removed iBooks 2.0.1, installed Corona 1.0.8, rebooted, and downloaded iBooks 2.1.

The good news: iBooks 2.1 works.

The bad news: All of my JB apps crashed instantly. I couldn't even get in via SSH anymore:

Code:
    [3:04] nightowl:/ % slogin iPhone -l root
    ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
    WTF did Corona do to my phone?!?

Bizarrely, another reboot seems(?) to have fixed that. Things are working again. WTF?

Looking at the syslog file while it couldn't run anything I see lots of lines like this:

Code:
    [...]
    Mar 10 02:58:19 Riot-Nrrrds-iPhone SpringBoard[22]: Application 'Mail' exited abnormally with signal 9: Killed: 9
    Mar 10 02:58:19 Riot-Nrrrds-iPhone SpringBoard[22]: Application 'com.apple.mobilemail' has failed to launch too many times. Not relaunching.
    Mar 10 02:58:19 Riot-Nrrrds-iPhone kernel[0]: Sandbox: hook..execve() killing pid 276: outside of container && !i_can_has_debugger
    Mar 10 02:58:19 Riot-Nrrrds-iPhone amfid[81]: /private/var/stash/bin/sbsettingsd not valid: 0xe800801c: No code signature found.
    Mar 10 02:58:19 Riot-Nrrrds-iPhone com.apple.launchd[1] (com.bigboss.sbsettingsd[277]): (com.bigboss.sbsettingsd) Exited: Killed: 9
    Mar 10 02:58:19 Riot-Nrrrds-iPhone com.apple.launchd[1] (com.bigboss.sbsettingsd): (com.bigboss.sbsettingsd) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds
    Mar 10 02:58:19 Riot-Nrrrds-iPhone amfid[81]: /private/var/stash/bin/dns-sd not valid: 0xe800801c: No code signature found.
    Mar 10 02:58:19 Riot-Nrrrds-iPhone com.apple.launchd[1] (com.saurik.afpd.dns-sd[278]): (com.saurik.afpd.dns-sd) Exited: Killed: 9
    Mar 10 02:58:19 Riot-Nrrrds-iPhone com.apple.launchd[1] (com.saurik.afpd.dns-sd): (com.saurik.afpd.dns-sd) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds
    [...]
    What's with all the "Sandbox: hook..execve() killing pid 276: outside of container && !i_can_has_debugger" lines, and why aren't they still happening after the reboot?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Update:

I haven't had any problems since that very first restart after installing Corona 1.0.8.

In fact, not only does iBooks 2.1 work, but I was able to re-install SiriPort and now it works without other apps croaking in the sandbox (cf. my other post) as well! So everything's perfect now ...

(OK - almost perfect. "Waze" is claiming that it found a bug when it starts up, and tries to auto-send a bug report, but keeps working after that. It didn't do that before I put Corona on. But I can live with that.)

But I'm a programmer, I believe in Causality. I really can't understand why the Sandbox would kill off nearly every process on my phone with "outside of container && !i_can_has_debugger" errors, yet another reboot magically fixes everything?!?
    Last edited by RiotNrrrd; 03-10-2012 at 10:20 PM.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12