Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: redn0w 9.6 b4 stuck on waiting for reboot

Default redn0w 9.6 b4 stuck on waiting for reboot
    ok so im trying to jailbreak a friends iphone 3gs ... ive tried it twice and i keep getting same problem.... once it starts to jailbreak it gets stuck into waiting on reboot ... using windows 7 ... ive used the same firmware 4.2.1 on a 3g and it worked fine... this is a 3gs with 4.2.1 firmware as well.... what can i do? luckily im using TU and click on fix recovery so it kicks me out of recovery mode....
    Last edited by Verizon iPhone 4; 03-11-2011 at 03:27 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Scoops98's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree. Why were were using an old version of Redsn0w anyway?
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

I didn't know you could use greenpoison to jailbreak 3GS

yeah your right greenpoison jailbroke on the first try.... thanks

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Verizon iPhone 4 (03-11-2011)

hi i have iphone 3g 4.2.1 stuck on emergency screen n when i try it to jailbreak with redn0w 9.6 b4 on windows 7 everything goes fine but it gets stuck on waiting to reboot n never go further, i have tried so many times .......plz help nybody if u cn.....plz plz plz..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

using red snow , on a 3g run as Administrator and xp , i had the same problem last nite , with 3g or higher , green poision does terriffic , but with my 3g , green poision didnt work had a problem with shutting off by its self .
    Last edited by caviler2; 03-20-2011 at 10:33 PM.

Redsn0w won't work on a 3GS I believe.

greenpoision doesnt support iphone 3g on 4.2.1 i think that coz i tried it with greenpoision n it didnt work n it was also mentioned in the readme section of greenposion that iphone 3g is not supported ..

@moon#pie ...redsnow do have suppourt for iphone 3gs n i would suggest u greenpoision rc5 coz its the best at moment it juz takes 2 mins to jailbreak

I have a 3G with 4.2.1 and firmware 05.15.04

Using redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc8 and iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a_Restore.ipsw I tried to install Cydia.

Redsn0w also gets stuck on 'waiting for reboot'

If I hold power+home for 10 seconds then turn on, the phone comes back on unaffected, which was a relief.

I have used the same jailbreak method but also installed iPad baseband for a 3GS and that worked fine.

Any idea what the problem is?

Andy