+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS 4.2.1 5.15.04 Doesn't accept upgrade to 6.15 - help

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hi, I have tried to use redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc8 followed instruction step by step, iPhone doesn't respond to iPad baseband upgrade tried that many times also doesn't install Cydia, I have tried
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3GS 4.2.1 5.15.04 Doesn't accept upgrade to 6.15 - help
    Hi,

I have tried to use redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc8 followed instruction step by step, iPhone doesn't respond to iPad baseband upgrade tried that many times also doesn't install Cydia, I have tried fresh update using ITunes and then followed step by step RedSn0w no change.

I can jailbreak using sn0wbreeze-2.2.1 and managed to install Ultrasn0w from Cydia but it didn't unlock the phone, it comes back with error something like couldn't brows network list.

I have also tried Greenpoison and able to JB but again Ultrasn0w could not able to unlock, Iphone still showing 05.15.04

any good ide?, Please help.
    Last edited by paper3333; 03-08-2011 at 08:55 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Thanks

When you use redsn0w to install iPad baseband, during the pineapple screen does it say "flashing baseband do not interrupt"?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

On the screen it says Fetching iPad baseband on the iPhone there is a picture for hard drive "Download Jailbreak data" waited until iPhone booted it takes near to 5 min and still on 5.15.

Noticed also during setting RedSn0w it did not accept old BB it error out "Identification error" your device is actually a newer model, when I checked the Serial # it starts with 88025 means it should be an old model right? it continue only if I select a new model and then no update happens.

Thanks

After the iphone shows "download jailbreak data' do you get the running pineapple on the iphone screen? Below the running pineapple you should see text saying "installing base utilities, replacing kernel, flashing NOR, installing bundles" do you see that at all?

If redsn0w says your iphone is a newer model than you most likely do have a newer model.
    Last edited by iPittsburgh; 03-08-2011 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have tried that now to confirm for you, after couple of minutes doing "Downloading Jailbreak Data" it just boot and iphonecame back as normal screen. do you think Apple removed Ipad flash data?

Thanks

No. You must be doing something incorrect if you do not even get the running pineapple screen. Does redsn0w say the jailbreak is complete on your computer screen?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I did the redsn0w again, I have changed the computer new USB port disable wifi "runs on cables", disable antivirus and firewall run RedSn0w as administrator redownload new fresh IOS, and it stoppes at PC Uploading ramdisk " about 5 bars progress" and on the iphone says Downloading Jailbreak Data....and then reboot.

I notised when the iphone rebooted Redsn0w still showing uploading ramdisk.

don't know what I missed.I did every thing as the book.

Thanks

Yeah I've had this happen to me especially on 3GS, you're going to have to run redsn0w again. Once the uploading ramdisk completes, redsn0w will say finished, and you will get the running pineapple logo and your iphone will begin to jailbreak and flash to the iPad baseband.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I suggest you not to upgrade to ipad baseband 6.15 until you ABSOLUTLY need it

Thanks

He said that he needs to unlock.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    yeah I know, but i just want him to know that the baseband 6.15 is a real pain in the ***

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Yes no ability to restore to stock 4.2.1 and future updates possibly as well as broken GPS.

But, if you really don't mind, try running using a custom fw with the iPad baseband made by PwnageTool. Find it online if you don't have a Mac. Redsn0w usually works but since it is not for you, find that custom fw and you'll probably get it done

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

after searching for two hours found IPSW with 6.15 4.21 for 3GS uloaded and it completed without any change to 5.15.04 still I have this FW version, any idea's?

Thanks

Try redsnow to install iPad baseband, if it gets stuck on uploading ramdisk hold home and sleep until it resets and then try again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

IPittsburgh, you are a genius it works by holds home during upload ramdisk, I have Cydia crash but I did jailbreak using green poison and then unlock using Ultrasnow, thanks for your tip, now I have 6.15 for my wife phone hope we get a fix for GPS issue in the near future for 6.15

Thanks

You're welcome.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to iPittsburgh For This Useful Post:

paper3333 (03-14-2011)