Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How common is loosing wi-fi after jailbreaking?

Default How common is loosing wi-fi after jailbreaking?
    I have done one 3G (4.2.1 BB 5.15) using redsn0w and it went great, wi-fi works fine as it should. I have read that some people loose the wi-fi after jailbreaking and I'm wondering if there is a reason for it. Hoping I can avoid that problem if at all possible.

If it does happen, is there a work around for it?

My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Thanks

Ive jailbroken quite a few devices for myself and friends, none have ever lost wifi after jailbreaking. I also haven't noticed many people, if any at all, say they lost wifi after jailbreaking here at mmi.

I agree with iPittsburgh, I've jailbroke a good number of iDevices and have never come across the loose of wi-fi before.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy320 View Post
    OK, thanks
    Welcome.

Just jailbroke it and wi-fi is working great

Thanks

Good to hear.

Well you can actually gain more signal if you download a app thats in Cydia I believe it's call wifi get that that boosts wifi to see more (wifi boost) and you connect to networks that arent currently at that range.

Thanks
    Hi
    Has anyone had a problem with the GPS after jailbreaking, i have read that you loose your GPS after jailbreaking on 4.2.1

Im using iphone 3G running 4.2.1 and Baseband 05.15.04 as i dont need a carrier unlock as i have paid to do this so i just need the jailbreak but im a little concerned i'll loose the GPS any ideas or thoughts would be great !

Many Thanks in advance
    Notstrong

Just make sure they don't update your basement as this is what causes the gps issues. Stay on 5.15BB and you'll be good. To jailbreak you can stay on 5.15BB, it's only if you need to unlock that you have to upgrade the BB to 6.15

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Your GPS problem is not within the baseband if it isn't on 6.15.00. It's your phone.

Wifi loss is not a big deal if it occurs after jailbreak. Simply restore and rejb and the problem will likely go away.

Btw guys, I hate to be a grammar/spelling police and I'm really sorry but this is bothering me.

Loose=my pants are loose, I need a belt

Lose=I will not lose my iPhone
    Last edited by i.Annie; 03-08-2011 at 09:08 AM.

well i have unlocked probably a dozen iphones over the past two years and i finally had this happen to me this week... iphone 3g running ipad 6.15.00 baseband and iOS 4.2.1... sees wifi networks but errors out on connecting to any of them. ive reflashed about a half dozen times now with no success on getting it to work. ive also reset network settings many times and that made no change either.
    any tips or suggestions? any additional info I can provide to clarify whats going on?
    Thank you,

Thanks

Restore to a custom 4.2.1 and see if the problem is still there.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Blackra1n had this issue when it was originally released, but haven't heard of it since.

ok i'll try doing that again, ive been having massive problems with generating a custom FW with pwnage tool, keeps failing while trying to build the ipsw, error logs dont show much specific asides from the most recent message being something about "unmounting Jasper 8C148" or something to that effect... i'll try again and post back with more specific information.
    thanks for the suggestions guys,