+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: redsnow jailbreak 4.2.1

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
hi all ok so i have an iphone 3g which ive just jailbroken with redsnow 0.9.6b4 seeing as i couldn't do it with green poison its not the 1st time
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default redsnow jailbreak 4.2.1
    hi all

ok so i have an iphone 3g which ive just jailbroken with redsnow 0.9.6b4 seeing as i couldn't do it with green poison

its not the 1st time ive jailbroke my phone but my main reason was to be able to change my boot logo (had i have read into it before ugrading to apples ofw and seen i couldn't use greenpoison i would have waited lol)

anyway when going through the process i noticed it say if i wanted to add a custom boot logo but it would only add logos from my pc, my reason for doing the jailbreak was to change my boot logo through cydia, is there anyway i can do this with redsnow?

thanks for reading

kingnev

My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Thanks

You can find custom boot logos here at mmi, download the one you want to your pc, when selecting "custom boot logo" in redsn0w browse to the custom boot logo and select the one you want.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

will that mean having to re-jailbreak my phone? and will i be able to use animated logos?

and will i be able to use animated logos?
    Last edited by kingnev69; 03-02-2011 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You can install "animate" from cydia to use animated logos on 4.2.1

I think you can re-run redsn0w and only choose to add custom boot logo. I've only added custom boot logos while jailbreaking.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sweet... ive installed animate, set it to greenpoison injection logo, turned my phone off and on but its still the apple logo lol any idea what im doing wrong

Thanks
    You'll need to add the xsellize repo in order to install pwnimate, it will uninstall animate and install logomii, then the bootologos you download will work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That worked thanks for your help when the phones turned on it shows the normal apple logo and after about 30 seconds changes to the new boot logo, is there any way of getting rid of the apple logo at the start?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi I've had my iPhone 4 for about 6 months now and I really want to jail break it when I try it just says you can't jail break because my software is to High wot do I need to do ? Iam new to jailbreak so can you say it step by step ? And wot are shsh ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran1288 View Post
    Hi I've had my iPhone 4 for about 6 months now and I really want to jail break it when I try it just says you can't jail break because my software is to High wot do I need to do ? Iam new to jailbreak so can you say it step by step ? And wot are shsh ?
    Well you can definitely jailbreak any iPhone so yours would be no problem, however you would want the proper jailbreak tool to use on your iphone 4 would depend on the "version" you can find version in settings>general>about. I can give you a step by step to follow, once I know what version is on your iPhone 4. SHSH blob - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia