+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS Delimma Help!

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
My 3GS was water damaged and wifi and battery out. It was 3.1 old bootrom, and I mistakenly changed a 3G battery which kept Apple logo. And I upgraded to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3GS Delimma Help!
    My 3GS was water damaged and wifi and battery out. It was 3.1 old bootrom, and I mistakenly changed a 3G battery which kept Apple logo. And I upgraded to 4.2.1. with newest BB. Now I have to use sn0wbreeze-2.2.1 to jailbreak, now it kept resetting even I changed to right battery which I believed caused by hactivation repeatedly tried to connect network. I had ATT sim card which seemed deactivated. Now the only choice is to rejailbreak with redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc8, but the problem is i don't have wifi and use cyder did not work so there is no way to install sam. Also I tried put the deb files of ultraSn0w into sn0wbreeze-2.2.1 while install,seemed not working, I can't find it anywhere in cydia. And Cydia without network always showed network error, even refused to open. there is no way to install anything. and wifi seemed hardware problem. no way to repair

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zebra100 View Post
    My 3GS was water damaged and wifi and battery out. It was 3.1 old bootrom, and I mistakenly changed a 3G battery which kept Apple logo. And I upgraded to 4.2.1. with newest BB. Now I have to use sn0wbreeze-2.2.1 to jailbreak, now it kept resetting even I changed to right battery which I believed caused by hactivation repeatedly tried to connect network. I had ATT sim card which seemed deactivated. Now the only choice is to rejailbreak with redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc8, but the problem is i don't have wifi and use cyder did not work so there is no way to install sam. Also I tried put the deb files of ultraSn0w into sn0wbreeze-2.2.1 while install,seemed not working, I can't find it anywhere in cydia. And Cydia without network always showed network error, even refused to open. there is no way to install anything. and wifi seemed hardware problem. no way to repair
    So basically you did the jailbreak but you need help activating the iPhone?

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes, but snowbreeze seemed did nothing though i hactivate

Thanks
    Thanked 15,195 Times in 6,976 Posts

So you need to unlock this then? What baseband does it have?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it's 06.15.00 the thing is onion I have to use att, so it's out. SN0wbreeze actually can break, but i don't have wifi to download ultra0w to unlock, then the battery frain just shut dwon the phone every 2-3 minutes. Now I want to use Redsn0w, but same i cant get ultra via PC. What a delimma!

Thanks

Easiest way to do it would be to manually download the ultrasnow 1.2 deb and mobilesubstrate .deb files and stick in var/root/media/Cydia/AutoInstall. Then you just open cydia twice, reboot and ultrasnow should be installed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

which program you use for copy to iphone?

sorry for delay. i,m at work. so only can come back on hourly basis
    Last edited by zebra100; 03-01-2011 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I use iphonebrowser or diskaid normally. Or ifunbox.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Tks will try tonight

also when I jaibreak with redn0W before, I used new bootrom instead of old bootrom (which I didn't know till now), what effect would that bring?
    Last edited by zebra100; 03-01-2011 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

It may screw your jailbreak up a little. Nothing a restore wouldnt fix though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok. I dragged the ultrasnow 1.2 deb and mobilesubstrate .deb files into iphonebrowser, and seemed everything is ok. then I open the cydia it still said unable to load (the internet connection appeared to be offline) same as before, the strange thing is I can never find anywhere the installed Ultrasnow, even after reboot also, I can see the packages of other app, but nowhere I can find these app to open them. where are these installed apps?
    And the drgged ones even not on the installed list.

By the way, the wifi seemed totally dead, I used heat gun to revived it, no vail.

Thanks

You put it in the autoinstall folder like I said? You may need to open and close cydia a few times then reboot. You should be able to see ultrasnow under packages in cydia after doing this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes, I dragged into autoinstall folder, and tired open Cydia several times and reboot, nothing is there. The problem like I said is I can't open Cydia. it will always give me unable to load Cydia ... craps, so I actually didn't opened it. the only thing I can do is check all the installed package there, and Ultra0w is not there. Also for those installed packages ( I think they are default packages by sn0wbreeze) I don't know where to open them or start them, they just showed they are installed, but I can't start or open them because Cydia is not loaded.

So I finally decide to use redsn0w to redo the whole thing. Now it won't load, every time I am at installing process, it will said the program is not responding and ended, I'm so scared it becomes a dead jailbrick, but not, it would come back as before. So I think sn0wbreeze modified ipsw might conflict with redsn0w, so I use 4.2.1 stock ipsw restore and then use redsn0w, it still won't go. then I tried to go back to sn0wbreeze and it gave me dreadful 1600 error. I thought this time I screwed up again. but after use irecovery command several times, and redo the whole sn0wbreeze ipsw, it comes back to sn0wbreeze 2.2.1. jaibreak, ( though I preinstall ultrasn0w and the other in to th ipsw, I still can't find them as before). My 3gs still keep rebooting.

And also my setting shows no carriers line, only notification. I guess the ultr0w is not there

Ok, after several tries, the mobile sub is inside the installed package (but I still has no way to open it) but the ultra0w still can't go in though it's smaller, only 14k

in U, I only has package called uki something. Also I has a package of modmyi.com I don't how that ends up there
    Last edited by zebra100; 03-02-2011 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Either you are putting the two files in the wrong place or the .deb files you downloaded are wrong I think.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

now I tried to put a tether deb called PdaNet to open internet connection via pc to trick cydiato load. the thing is now it also showed in cydia installed package, but I have no way to run the app. no way to open it,because cydia won't load. Now I'm wondering if people don't have either 3g or wifi, is there no way for them to run cydia apps even if they drag installed the apps?

Now pdanet actually showed up in sprinboard as icon and can open, but ultra0w is still nowhere. Mobile sub showed in the installed package, but no icon on board, I guess it's running in background. but why ultra0w is no where to find, not in both. strange.
    Last edited by zebra100; 03-02-2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ye, I am. I will try. otherwise, I don't know this will work How to: Internet on iPhone through USB. No WIFI. No EDGE.

Thanks

I dunno. That thread is pretty old.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Funny thing: after repeatedly drag and try I finally get both mobile sub and ultrasn0w 1.2 installed in the cydia package. but I have no way to open it, because cydia won't load, my setting still showed no carrier line.

I suppose ultrasw0w would give me a program icon on springboard, but nothing is there to be clicked on. And 3gs is still resetting like crazy every 20 seconds due to battery drain

Now I want to try redsn0w, but it will always stopped in the middle, is that I have to first downgraded to stock 4.2.1. iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a_Restore, then tried redsn0w, maybe jailbreak sn0wbreaze 4.2.1. would prevent redsn0w to install causing the problem
    Last edited by zebra100; 03-03-2011 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks X98car

Now I found a strange thing: my 3gs definitely is missing something: in the setting>general>about springboard: I don't have carrier, IMEI, ICCID and modem firmware these lines, these just disappeared. I checked online image with mine, it's just strange none of these showing. What's the problem? is that after sn0wbreeze these just disappeared or what?