+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: just getting black screen on iphone 3g

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I just did a complete restore of my firmare_4.2.1_8C148_Restore using Itunes, then tried to JB with redsn0w 0.9.6RC8 and 0.9.6b5 several times using the same IPSW . However here is
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default just getting black screen on iphone 3g
    I just did a complete restore of my firmare_4.2.1_8C148_Restore using Itunes, then tried to JB with redsn0w 0.9.6RC8 and 0.9.6b5 several times using the same IPSW .
    However here is the step where the problem starts it tries to download ram disc, no hardisc image shows on my iphone screen it turns to white screen like its rebooting then black and it stays black screen.But redsnow says it finished which i doubt because from fetching ipad baseband to saying it finished only takes probably maximum of 30 seconds. what am i doing wrong here? this is just frustrating

Thanks

Don't use redsn0w to jailbreak because it will be tethered download GreenPois0n and jailbreak your iPhone with that, Its a lot easier and it will be untethered.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the 3g with 4.2.1 fw and 5.15.04 bb, I would like to eventually unlock after jb. I have tried it before using gp and it wont jb it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried to JB my 3g with greenpois0n latest ver and it will not recognize my phone in dfu mode but if i switch to redsn0w it recognizes dfu but will not complete reboot to JB so I have to restore with Itunes every time.

the funny thing is this phone was JB and unlocked with jailbreakme.com for a year until i upgraded to 4.2.1

I am trying to upgrade the BB to 6.15.00 to unlock like my other 4 phones but this older one is giving me major headaches

Any suggestions?

My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Thanks

@iGoof Redsn0w 0.9.6rc8 is an untethered jailbreak for iPhone 3G.

@ roadcruze & yniakis Use this guide to install ipad baseband, jailbreak , unlock How to Update & Jailbreak iPhone 3GS / 3G Baseband to 06.15.00 with Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 for iOS 4.2.1 Unlock | Redmond Pie

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iGoof View Post
    Don't use redsn0w to jailbreak because it will be tethered download GreenPois0n and jailbreak your iPhone with that, Its a lot easier and it will be untethered.
    Greenpois0n is NOT for iPhone 3G models!