Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: need big help i did use ipad firmware by mistake in my iphone

Default need big help i did use ipad firmware by mistake in my iphone
    by mistake i did choose ipad firmware in redsn0w for jailbreaking the the iphone 3g but in the install it gave me error the problem i cant restore the firmware both in itunez and redsn0w and im kinda noob (

Update
    i did upload some picz

when i conect the iphone with the usb the iphone start in recovery mode

and when i start the itunez its says this

and when i use redsn0w with iPhone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_Restore.ipsw in the process its says :

"mounting roots as read-only
    fsking roots...
    fsking disk0s2...
    mounting rootfs as read-write...
    ERROR!"

Last edited by lq7; 02-11-2011 at 08:22 AM. Reason: update info

My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Thanks

Did it finish flashing the baseband? Where is the phone now? Recovery mode? Need a little more info.

donno but il upload screen shot while trying to jailbreak with redsn0w for 4.2.1
    firmware

i did update my first post with some info and picz
    Last edited by lq7; 02-11-2011 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Try downloading tiny umbrella and using the exit recovery option

The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella

then what should i do? i did try to exit recovery but nothing seems to happen it disconnect the divce then its reconect again

Thanks

Ok. Well if it never passed the screen where the code is being written to the pineapple logo, then youre baseband hasnt been flashed to the iPad baseband. Try doing a regular restore in iTunes. What happens while doing a regular restore in iTunes?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You'll probably want to find a custom 4.2.1 firmware that doesn't have the iPad firmware packaged in to restore to to get it out of recovery. Either that or restore to a stock 3.1.3 and then use tinyumbrella to exit recovery. I'm pretty sure tinyumbrella can't kick out of recovery for devices on 4.2.1.

Quote Originally Posted by iPittsburgh View Post
    Ok. Well if it never passed the screen where the code is being written to the pineapple logo, then youre baseband hasnt been flashed to the iPad baseband. Try doing a regular restore in iTunes. What happens while doing a regular restore in iTunes?
    it get stuck in installing process

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    You'll probably want to find a custom 4.2.1 firmware that doesn't have the iPad firmware packaged in to restore to to get it out of recovery. Either that or restore to a stock 3.1.3 and then use tinyumbrella to exit recovery. I'm pretty sure tinyumbrella can't kick out of recovery for devices on 4.2.1.
    i did get a custom 4.2.1 firmware but same problem it get stuck but hmmm how can i use 3.1.3 since ituns will not allow old firmware
    Last edited by lq7; 02-12-2011 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,757 Times in 2,646 Posts

When you restore to stock firmware, a normal recovery mode on your iphone and restore to stock 4.2.1 fw.
    If it gives you error 1015, then you need to run redsn0w 0.9.6rc8 in xp2 compatibility mode , browse to stock 4.1 ipsw and check only dfu mode.
    Once dfu is done, restore to custom firmware of 4.2.1 thru itunes 10.

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    When you restore to stock firmware, a normal recovery mode on your iphone and restore to stock 4.2.1 fw.
    If it gives you error 1015, then you need to run redsn0w 0.9.6rc8 in xp2 compatibility mode , browse to stock 4.1 ipsw and check only dfu mode.
    Once dfu is done, restore to custom firmware of 4.2.1 thru itunes 10.
    il try it later today but anyones know the new iphone 4 what is the latest firmware and can it be jailbreaked thro redsn0w?

Thanks

The latest firmware for the iPhone 4 is 4.2.1 it can be jailbroken with redsn0w but best to jailbreak it with greenpois0n so it will be an untethered jailbreak.