Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G upgrade to 3.1.3 and itunes 10.1.2

Default iPhone 3G upgrade to 3.1.3 and itunes 10.1.2
    Ok this may be an odd question, but here goes.

I have an iPhone 3G currently still on 3.0.1 I wanna give it to a friend but first I wanna update to iOS 3.1.3 (don't really wanna go to 4.2.1 because of unlock and we are both on windows)

I am currently running an old version of iTunes, 8.2, 64bit on windows7 ultimate.

My question is this, if I upgrade my iTunes to 10.1.2 will I be able to do the restore on the iPhone to 3.1.3??

hope that's clear.

what with all the hoo-ha about 4.2.1 I'm hoping there are other 3G users out there who will be able to answer this, thanks in advance.

I have v 4.2.1 & have no issues with my unlock. I think that was an issue a long time tome ago but it's long since been resolved. After you upgrade just dl ultrasnOw from cydia & install it. Violla unlocked 4.2.1. Mine runs great.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Thanks

^Not the case for everyone. Your situation is different from the original posters. You may want to hold off on giving so much info.

@uchujin You can update your iPhone 3G safely to 3.1.3 using iTunes 10, Once updatedto 3.1.3 use redsn0w 0.9.4 to jailbreak, when using redsn0w browse it to 3.1.2 ipsw

Hey man I'm just telling them what worked for me. Their choice if they wanna take my advice or not. I'm tryin to give as much help as I can. If you know more on the subject by all means share what you know. That's what these threads are all about. But, you don't have to come along & tell folks what I'm saying isn't true cuz I'm here to tell you it's what I've done & it worked. Half the stuff people are saying to do on these threads doesnt work for everyone. But they still let people know what worked for them. The more stuff you try the more likely you are to find something that works for you. Am I right folks?

Thanks

Im not trying to discourage of sharing information, but if I were to restore to 4.2.1 as you say I would receive 5.15 baseband which cannot be unlocked.

Not neccesarily. If you were to use custome firmware 4.2.1 with iPad baseband within the firmware you could restore to a 6.15 base band & unlock w ultrasnOw. However if you were trying to preserve a lower baseband you would be correct. But if you read my post in question, I said " the highest baseband" & you can unlock w ultrasnow. Simple misunderstanding.

Thanks

Yes thats true, I just really try to encourage preserving original unlockable basebands and only recommend the ipad baseband if an unlock is needed and they have already passed original unlockable basebands.

Thanks for all the help guys.
    I updated to 3.1.3 using itunes 8.2, jailbroke using jailbreakme.com, ultrasnowed and volia!
    Now on itunes 10.1.2 and everything is working fine.

Thanks again.

Thanks

Great.

I would stay away from 4xx, too much for the 3G to handle. I'm thinking about downgrading back to the most current version of 3xx to speed the phone back up.