+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.2.1 tetherred jailbreak stable?

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I have a iphone 4 with 4.1 limera1n jailbreak. I'm one of those nuts that need the newest stuff, so I'm considerring upgrading to 4.2.1 and running a tetherred redsn0w
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 4.2.1 tetherred jailbreak stable?
    I have a iphone 4 with 4.1 limera1n jailbreak.

I'm one of those nuts that need the newest stuff, so I'm considerring upgrading to 4.2.1 and running a tetherred redsn0w jailbreak.

Aside from having to boot my iphone up via PC (which really should never happen as I never let my battery drain that far)

Is there anything else I should worry about? Everything else works? cydia and all that?

I don't have to reboot my phone via pc if i reset springboard or anything do I?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Not really. If you don't mind tether booting it should work as normal like any other jailbreak.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I hate myself for not doing it right away until I got my iPhone replaced and forced to tether jailbreak my iPhone. Overall I am happy it is not an issue at all! the reboot takes less than five minutes and I have home an work as a place to do it when needed. Besides when do you ever reboot your iPhone?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You'll probably notice you reboot more than you think, if you're using Cydia. Some downloads include reboots which in turn will cause you to have to boot tethered. Of course, avoiding using Cydia way from your computer would be the only precaution needed to be taken

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i would stay at 4.1 its easy to jailbreak and i had 4.1...

then i forgot passcode and had to upgrade. i have a tethered 4.2.1 jailbreak. it works great just my game center doesn't work.