Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: error 1015

Thanks
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krutoyi View Post
    How do you make a custom firmware? for example i have 4.0 and old baseband but want to upgrade to 4.2.1
    You would use a Mac and pwnage tool to make one with no baseband update in it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

krutoyi (01-01-2011)

@x98car, same problem for me... 3GS 4.2.1, I used redsnow and ipad baseband. now I'm stuck in recovery mode and getting error 1015 if I restore with iTunes 10.1. can you please help me

Thanks

You need a custom firmware.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

freakee1 (01-14-2011)

x98car:

Newb here as well, forgive me. I'm having the same issue.

8C148a

I tried to jailbreak and got all the way through but Cydia didn't load. I tried again and now the phone needs to be restored.

I think I understand what I need to do but I am missing the .ipsw file to restore from.

Two questions:
    1) Can you PM where I can find a restore/restore + jailbreak file to ALT Restore from in iTunes?
    2) What is the purpose of TinyUmbrella? I click start server but don't see anything happening so I'm confused.

Thanks!

Update:

Went through the process outlined here:
    [How To] Fix 1015 error after updating to iPad baseband and trying to restore
    [How To] Fix 1015 error after updating to iPad baseband and trying to restore

Everything went well until I was using redsn0w to jailbreak and the phone began the process but froze towards the end of the install and the phone turned off. I thought it was just off but I couldnt turn it back on. I then restarted the process and am back the usb to itunes screen.

I think I need to find a custom .ipsw file to jailbreak from (iPhone2_1_4.2.1_8C148a).
    Last edited by MrR82; 01-01-2011 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    If you dont have access to a Mac then just PM me for a custom 4.2.1
    Hello, I am going through the same problem. I upgraded to ipad baseband in order to jailbreak and now stuck with recovery loop. Get error 1015 while restoring. I dont have access to MAC OS and I am running Windows 7. Please send me the link you mentioned earlier on your thread to my e-mail address: [email protected]

Thank you so much.

Hello x98car. I'm new to these forums but not the website (i view it it daily). But I've fallen into the same plight as others (iPad baseband, 4.2.1, error 1015, etc...). I am using a Mac and would appreciate your help in obtaining the magic firmware or any advise you can offer to get out of the endless restore mode.

Thank you.

EDIT:
    Thank you "x98car". Your knowledge is helping a lot of us and it is appreciated.
    Last edited by rabbit70; 01-14-2011 at 06:57 PM.

Hi @x98car, same problem for me... 3GS 4.2.1, I used redsnow and ipad baseband. now I'm stuck in recovery mode and getting error 1015 if I restore with iTunes 10.1.
    i have windows seven
    can you please help me!

Many thanks

Thanks

Check google for one

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

rabbit70 (01-14-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    You sound like you have a new bootrom 3GS and have updated to the iPad baseband. Your first problem is that you need to use redsnow to boot tethered every time or your jailbreak apps wont work (or you could even get stuck in boot loop). Your restoring issue is from being on the ipad baseband. You need a custom 4.2.1 to restore to. If you dont have access to a mac let me know and I can PM you a link to one.
    I have doen the same thing. Please send me the link. i don't have a Mac. Thanks

Default 1015 error
    Using Iphone 3G with 6.15 baseband and 4.1. I was wondering how I can update my firmware to 4.2? I'm a complete newbie when it comes to this stuff. I tried to update to 4.2 through itunes but it gave me an error 1015 and I was stuck at the itunes screen on my Iphone. I had to rejailbreak with redsn0w using a 4.1 ipsw to get it working again. Could anyone please help me? I'm think I need a custom ISPW. Do I need to restore with said ISPW with itunes? Then do I need to rejailbreak with redsn0w? I'm so confused about the updating process. Please help!

Hello x98car,

I have the same problem in iphone 3GS 4.2.1, I used redsnow and ipad baseband. now I'm stuck in recovery mode and getting error 1015 if I restore with iTunes.

Not Mac, I requrie custom .ipsw file

can you please help me!

Many thanks

Thanks

check google

Hi 98... I have a 3gs with new boot room and i have upgraded to ipad baseband and unlocked it using ultrasn0w, so i have to boot tethered every time. The problem is that my phone battery gets drained too quickly even when i am using a dead at&t sim to activate it first. i apologize if i am posting this in the wrong section. Any help would be appreciated.

You currently have a 2 options for the untethered jailbreak with the latest versions of Greenpoison and the PwnageTool. But I don't know how this will affect your baseband and unlocked status.

Thanks

You can make a custom firmware with pwnage tool 4.2 or snowbreeze 2.2

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678