Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Reboots to Safe Mode when Ending a Call-4.2.1

Default iPhone 4 Reboots to Safe Mode when Ending a Call-4.2.1
    My iPhone 4 is jailbroken with redsn0w b5. It was upgraded in place from 4.1 and then jailbroken and restored with Pkgbackup. An interesting sidebar to this may be that it is also running iTether.

When making a call on bluetooth hands-free (Blueant speaker phone or earbud), the phone will just suddenly end the call and reboot into safe mode after a couple of minutes. It seems fairly consistent on the time thing. Same thing with making a call with the phone and no bluetooth device active. Either it reboots after a couple of minutes to safe mode or if it's a short call, it reboots when I hang up.

Any ideas? This is extremely frustrating.

Correction: My iPad is the one running iTether. the phone's running the piece that allows me to turn on bluetooth teathering on my unlimited data plan. TetherMe? Not sure since I'm booted in Safe Mode right now and I can't, of course, see what's installed and don't have access to a machine to reboot it tethered. I'm not sure this has anything to do with anything but I'm trying not to leave anything out that has anything to do with the phone.

Phone's a basic here. I needs my phone. LOL Extremely frustrating.

THE FIX:

Just another dayin paradise for anybody that's interested. Found this lovely tidbit on another forum...

OK. So, I was able to resolve the issue. It was actually what you suggested, An app not compatible with iOS 4.2.1. If you wanna know the name, it is Mcleaner.
    Everything else is just fine. And as per iOS 4.2.1 slowing down my phone, I was actually surprised I do not see/feel any difference in speed to when I was on iOS 3.1.1/3.1.2/3.1.3. I have not activated Multitasking though, and That might actually have an effect on speed when Multitasking is on.
    Everything else including the new features of the new FW 4.2.1 work fine. And so far I am pretty satisfied with it. Cydia has been updated for 4.2.1 and a lot of apps also have been made compatible with 4.2.1 FW, which is even more satisfying.
    Enjoy the jailbreak of 4.2.1.
    Peace!
    That was it for anybody that might come along and have the same problem.
    Last edited by LearningMan; 11-30-2010 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

This is a PRIME example of why Cydia backup apps are NOT a good idea when you upgrade your firmware. Typically it takes devs weeks to update their apps for new firmwares. When you restore all your mobile substrate apps with a back-up program you have no clue which ones have been updated for the new firmware.

Thanks
    Default Cydia- Developer
    Open Cydia then go to manage change yourself to developer then go to search and type Mobile Substrate and reinstall.. reboot and you should be all set

Default But the problem was not solved!
    Quote Originally Posted by mushromking View Post
    Open Cydia then go to manage change yourself to developer then go to search and type Mobile Substrate and reinstall.. reboot and you should be all set
    I follow the instruction BUT the result is same. What can i do?

Regards

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ackid32 View Post
    I follow the instruction BUT the result is same. What can i do?

Regards
    Remove any cydia apps that are not compatible with your firmware. That should help

Livin the iPhone Life rjrankin83's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LearningMan View Post
    My iPhone 4 is jailbroken with redsn0w b5. It was upgraded in place from 4.1 and then jailbroken and restored with Pkgbackup. An interesting sidebar to this may be that it is also running iTether.

When making a call on bluetooth hands-free (Blueant speaker phone or earbud), the phone will just suddenly end the call and reboot into safe mode after a couple of minutes. It seems fairly consistent on the time thing. Same thing with making a call with the phone and no bluetooth device active. Either it reboots after a couple of minutes to safe mode or if it's a short call, it reboots when I hang up.

Any ideas? This is extremely frustrating.

Correction: My iPad is the one running iTether. the phone's running the piece that allows me to turn on bluetooth teathering on my unlimited data plan. TetherMe? Not sure since I'm booted in Safe Mode right now and I can't, of course, see what's installed and don't have access to a machine to reboot it tethered. I'm not sure this has anything to do with anything but I'm trying not to leave anything out that has anything to do with the phone.

Phone's a basic here. I needs my phone. LOL Extremely frustrating.

THE FIX:

Just another dayin paradise for anybody that's interested. Found this lovely tidbit on another forum...

That was it for anybody that might come along and have the same problem.
    I've had a similar problem in the past. I've got an iphone 4 running 4.2.1 and in playing with cydia tweaks have noticed my phone would lag awful bad at times and when I'd respring it would sometimes come back in safe mode. What's worked for me is going to my last downloaded cydia themes and/or tweaks and deleting them from my phone until I don't notice a problem. Sometimes even downloading the tweak from another source works. It's time consuming and very annoying but it's worked for me.
    Hope this helps