Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
redsn0wforums, a part of the
Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgradingsection;
Hi i have a iPhone 3g With 4.0.1 and it when i try to jailbreak it with redsn0w it gets to second stage and then says waiting for reboot and...
07-26-2010, 09:50 PM #1Redsn0w 9.5b5-5 "waiting for reboot"
Hi i have a iPhone 3g With 4.0.1 and it when i try to jailbreak it with redsn0w it gets to second stage and then says waiting for reboot and when i try to downgrade to 3.1.3 (i saw how to do it you need like recboot) and iTunes 9.2.1 says incompatiable Firmware for some reason so nothing is working for me please help and thank you
07-27-2010, 03:23 AM #2
1. Make sure you download and restore the correct firmware for your iPhone 3G:
Firmware 3.1.3 - iPhone1,2_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw
Firmware 4.0.1 - iPhone1,2_4.0.1_8A306_Restore.ipsw
2. If you want to go back to firmware 3.1.3, try putting your iPhone 3G into DFU mode, not recovery mode, then open iTunes and press SHIFT+Restore (Win) or Option+Restore (Mac) and select your firmware.
How to put your iPhone in DFU mode:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Turn iPhone off.
- Hold power and home together for 10 seconds (exactly).
- Release power but keep holding home until the computers beeps (observed on a PC) as a USB device is recognized.
- A few seconds later iTunes should detect your iPhone.
- Your screen should be completely black. If the Restore Logo is present on the screen, you are in Recovery Mode, not DFU.
3. Start over. Restore firmware 4.0.1 in iTunes. Close iTunes. Open Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5 and make sure you select firmware 4.0, not firmware 4.0.1.
4. When you run Redsn0w you will be prompted to put your iPhone 3G into DFU mode, once you are prompted to release the Power/Sleep button, make sure you keep holding the Home button until you see the Jailbreaking logo appear on your iPhone 3G screen.
Lastly, once you are successful. Make sure you select 'Make my life easier' in Cydia so it saves your SHSH blobs for firmware 4.0.1. If you don't see the 'Make my life easier' in Cydia, then download and run TinyEmbrella. It will save your SHSH blobs for firmware 4.0.1 on your computer and upload them to Cydia.
The Firmware Umbrella
- Don't enable both Multitasking and Home wallpaper. Choose one or the other. Performance is very slugish.
- My recommendation, don't bother with enabling multitasking. There just isn't enough memory in the iPhone 3G to properly support it, which is why Apple did not enable it by default.
Last edited by reddawg; 07-27-2010 at 03:45 AM."When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown
07-27-2010, 08:56 AM #3
I had to unplug the USB cable and then plug it back in for the waiting to reboot to go away.
07-28-2010, 03:24 AM #4
keep doing it ...beleive me it will work...i was stuck on the first reboot on the original iphone....what i did was rather then waiting for redsnow to put my iphone into dfu(put=give instr...)i put it in dfu mode myself and did it...it worked for me after the 4th try....