+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cycorder minimizes after I push rec and wont record

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Cycorder minimizes after push record it just have the REC badge. I have looked and tried everything. I tried deleting the video folder. I tried changing permissions. I installing cycorder
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Cycorder minimizes after I push rec and wont record
    Cycorder minimizes after push record it just have the REC badge. I have looked and tried everything. I tried deleting the video folder. I tried changing permissions. I installing cycorder with terminal and I tried the repo install. None have worked.

Here is what happens

1. I tap cycorder it opens fine I can look at what the camera see and everything.

2. I push the record button

3. cycorder minimizes and a red REC icon shows on cycorder

4. I go back into cycorder and the record button is still blue.

5. I go into my recorded files and I show a file with a ? the file size is 35kb it will not open and time for recording says 0.0 no matter how long I let it sit with the red REC Icon.

As I have said I tried everything above. Don't ask me to try the samethings again because I have done it about 5 times now before asking in the forum. I am using a a iphone 3g fw 3.1.3 I used redsnow 9.4 to jailbreak. This is not my first time jailbreaking and I have used cycorder in the past on my old broken iphone with no problems. So if anyone has had this happen and they didn't use any of the above mentioned methods to fix it please let me know.

I have to go out of town but when i get back if I don't have answer I will update with a youtube video showing what going on.
    Thanks

Wizard X Modz for all you nintendo ds flash card needs

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am having the exact same issue! I even tried deleting Cycorder and reinstalling with no luck. Thanks!

Mark
    3G 3.1.2 jailbroken with blackra1n

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Same problem here
    Same problem here guys... I found this article from Google > Cycorder crashing on start?, which after I followed did not help. I even removed the "Public" and "Samples" Air Sharing folders. On top of that, I removed Air Sharing all together and Cycorder still behaved the same way. May be one of you guys can follow the instructions on that link and find out if that works for you. I may have to wait for Saurik to update Cycorder to fix this particular problem...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Since I never set up the Air Sharing piece, the Google article doesn't apply. I definitely know it worked before, so I am still at a loss regarding what could have changed. Thanks!

Mark

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah I also never setup Air Sharing. If you can't get it to work try videorecorder3 it worked from me. But i still like cycorder more. I tried everything and still no luck. If anyone finds something out just post it here. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people having this problem. I'm gong to make a video to show what happens soon. So it might help someone fix the problem that know how to fix it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I also like cycorder, so hopefully some assistance will be forthcoming. Worst case, I could download ivideorecorder in the interim...or wait for the new iPhone!

Mark

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

have the same problem here. any solutions yet?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No solutions yet

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I suffered startup problem about a week ago after installing some "essential" update from Rock. I was forced to put my iPhone into recovery mode and so I lost everything on the device plus iTunes updated the firmware to 3.1.3! I have subsequently rejailbroken using Spirit and all has been well except Cycoder. Could the fault lay with the 3.1.3 firmware? I suspect this might be the problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I agree I do think it has to do with 3.1.3 firmware. The problem is no one is working on it. I hope more people post that they are having the same problem. I was wondering is their a way to downgrade back to 3.1.2? Just a question.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the issue, and I never upgraded to 3.1.2

Mark

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I guess we can only speculate for the moment whether there's a clear link between the firmware and the Cycorder problem. Until July, after the new iPhone OS 4 is released, none of the major jailbreakers will release their fixes for 3.1.3.
    As far as I know you can't go backward unless your iPhone meets certain conditions. It would need to be a 3gs with saved shsh hashes, or an early 3g that will work with "fuzzyband".

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What about if your not worried about the baseband?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If iTunes upgrades you from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3, you lose your baseband unlock. If you rely on your unlock you need to find a smarter solution. I'm not sure there is.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah my phone isn't unlocked. So I wonder if I can downgrade. But its not like it matters. I will use a alt until something can be done.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Cycorder fix.
    I figured out a way to make this work. (I also have this issue)
    Pros: Cycorder will work
    Cons: It will (delete)Sbsettings and (disable not delete) other springboard apps.

1. Go to Cydia.
    2. Search for "SwapMode"
    3. Install
    4. Read what it will Delete, before you will install. If you dont care proceed.(I believe only SBSettings will delete)
    5. In springboard open the app and Enable Game mode to ON.
    6. Respring or Reboot

Yay Cycorder works!. But you dont get winterboard backgrounds nor Sbsettings, basically like if you have a freshly JB iPhone(stock).

Note: If you re-install SBSettings it will delete SwapMode.

I figured out a way to make this work. (I also have this issue)
    Pros: Cycorder will work
    Cons: It will (delete)Sbsettings and (disable not delete) other springboard apps.

1. Go to Cydia.
    2. Search for "SwapMode"
    3. Install
    4. Read what it will Delete, before you will install. If you dont care proceed.(I believe only SBSettings will delete)
    5. In springboard open the app and Enable Game mode to ON.
    6. Respring or Reboot

Yay Cycorder works!. But you dont get winterboard backgrounds nor Sbsettings, basically like if you have a freshly JB iPhone(stock).

Note: If you re-install SBSettings it will delete SwapMode.
    Last edited by jalisco_UFC; 05-20-2010 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Good I made a mistake and dropped my phone last night. I took it to the app store and got a new phone. After jailbreaking I added cycorder first before anything else and guess what it works. Now I have put everything back on and cycorder is still working.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Vgwizardx has got a result, well done. Trouble is, if I dropped my iPhone I would simply have a broken device. Apple wouldn't be replacing it, I'm sure. I am considering resetting the phone and re-jailbreaking.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Cycorder vs Veency
    I have the same problem as everybody, with a 3.1.2 3G iPhone: when I try to record a video, Cycorder quits and stays with a red "Rec" on its icon.

Bottom line: for me, Cycorder is incompatible with Veency.

Versions:
    Cycorder 0.9-6
    Veency 0.9.3167-1

Here is how I reached that conclusion. I first turned on syslog to debug. This is what it says:

May 24 12:30:59 iPhoneJO Cycorder[750]: RE:Notice: Launching: com.saurik.cycorder
    May 24 12:30:59 iPhoneJO Cycorder[750]: MS:Notice: Installing: com.saurik.cycorder [Cycorder] (478.52)
    May 24 12:30:59 iPhoneJO Cycorder[750]: MS:Notice: Loading: /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/Backgrounder.dylib
    May 24 12:31:00 iPhoneJO Cycorder[750]: MS:Notice: Loading: /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/BrowserChanger.dylib
    May 24 12:31:00 iPhoneJO Cycorder[750]: MS:Notice: Loading: /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/RotationInhibitor.dylib
    May 24 12:31:00 iPhoneJO Cycorder[750]: MS:Notice: Loading: /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/SimulatedKeyEvents.dylib
    May 24 12:31:05 iPhoneJO UIKitApplication:com.saurik.cycorder[0x7177][750]: _assert(0:IOConnectCallStructMethod(connect, 3, &input, size, &output, &size) == 0)@Cycorder.mm:1317[-[Camcorder onVideoFrame:]]
    May 24 12:31:05 iPhoneJO com.apple.launchd[1] (UIKitApplication:com.saurik.cycorder[0x7177][750]): (UIKitApplication:com.saurik.cycorder[0x7177]) Exited with exit code: 255
    May 24 12:31:05 iPhoneJO kernel[0]: IOSurface warning: buffer allocation failed. 384 x 288 fmt: 4a504547 size: 1228800 bytes
    May 24 12:31:05 iPhoneJO kernel[0]: + AppleJPEGDriver[0xc0ae3700]::startEncoder i/o too small or zero!
    May 24 12:31:05 iPhoneJO SpringBoard[701]: Application 'Cycorder' exited abnormally with exit status 255

Notice the scary "buffer allocation failed" kernel message.
    I tried removing:
    - BrowserChanger
    - RotationInhibitor
    - SimulatedKeyEvents (which removes Veency because of dependencies)
    Cycorder now works like a charm. Notice I kept Backgrounder, which is not faulty (good thing!) Here is the "normal" syslog:

May 24 14:28:32 iPhoneJO Cycorder[91]: RE:Notice: Launching: com.saurik.cycorder
    May 24 14:28:32 iPhoneJO Cycorder[91]: MS:Notice: Installing: com.saurik.cycorder [Cycorder] (478.52)
    May 24 14:28:33 iPhoneJO Cycorder[91]: MS:Notice: Loading: /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/Backgrounder.dylib
    May 24 14:28:50 iPhoneJO UIKitApplication:com.saurik.cycorder[0xd07b][91]: 1274704130.917584:_trace()@Cycorder.mm:2011[-[Camcorder onThumbnail:]]
    May 24 14:28:51 iPhoneJO UIKitApplication:com.saurik.cycorder[0xd07b][91]: 1274704131.279819:_trace()@Cycorder.mm:2011[-[Camcorder onThumbnail:]]

I re-installed
    - BrowserChanger
    - RotationInhibitor
    - SimulatedKeyEvents
    and CyCorder still works.

I then re-installed Veency, and reproduced the original problem. Desactivating its 2 toggles in the system preferences didn't help.
    After un-installing Veency, Cycorder works again.
    Last edited by orj63; 05-25-2010 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to orj63 For This Useful Post:

arutech (06-18-2010), MrTax (06-08-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Great find. I recently installed Veency and removing it fixed my issues with Cycorder as described previously by others ('REC' badge, no apparent recording, 'exiting' the app, etc.).

Thanks! Hopefully the issue will be worked out.